jwoodbury3571
140 IQ
If you guys are playing by yourselves, do you always tune to what the original songs was tuned in? For example, if you're playing GNR, do you always tune down a half step or do you just play in standard tuning?
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
260 IQ
Yes, because i'm sad enough to not be lazy enough to not turn a couple of tuning pegs.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 19, 2013,
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
290 IQ
I use whatever tuning the guitar I pickup is in. I have found some songs sound better when transposed into diffrent tunnings. I actually like D standard the best
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
H4T3BR33D3R
Hater by Trade EST. 1990s
350 IQ
Quote by Robbgnarly
I use whatever tuning the guitar I pickup is in. I have found some songs sound better when transposed into diffrent tunnings. I actually like D standard the best

This
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
zilant
160 IQ
Since the only guitar I currently have has a floyd on it I tend to just play in whatever tuning its in.
If i really want to play something and it sounds way too off (say I'm in B standard and I want to play some Metallica) then I just re setup my guitar.
I do agree that sometimes riff sound better in different tunings.
Sometimes Amon Amarth sounds great in Drop D.
H4T3BR33D3R
Hater by Trade EST. 1990s
350 IQ
Battery in D standard =
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
danvwman
20 IQ
Depends, sometimes you can only play a song in the key it was done in, if its a 1/4 or 1/2 step you wont be able to get the right note and harmonics will be all wrong.

I am really picky and unfortunately have almost perfect pitch hearing so I need to play a song in the key it was originaly done in or else I just cant do it.

But you can play a song done in Estandard with D standard but if you need the 24th fret in a solo you cant hit it.
What the hell!!!
Prophecy69
20 IQ
I always play in whatever tuning im in, unless im playing along to the song of course. The worst though is when you get a song thats in standard tuning, for example, but a bit sharp of standard, example = Beat It by MJ.
thes50
290 IQ
The only guitar I use has a floyd so I just use the tuning it's already in.
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
150 IQ
I just have a guitar that's always in Eb. If not, I'd happily tune it to that in 6 seconds.

I wonder if TS is asking for his/her own guidance on the matter. If so, tune it, man. It don't take long!
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

DarthV
50 IQ
That's why I have more than 1 guitar. Some are tuned to favorite albums, one is always in Eb and my only hardtail is in C or D standard.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Fender HM Strat
POD HD500
Kemper KPA