Page 2 of 2
DukeDeRox
I draw STUFF
87 IQ
I was always excited to pick Squirtle and get him up to Blastoise. But I think was most excited to see and catch an Abra.
kratos379
914 IQ
Tyranitar is my favorite. Though Charizard gets a special mention due to being one of my favorite sex moves.
the_hoodster
442 IQ
Definitely Scyther!

Got it in my first ever pack of pokemon cards and still have it today!
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
238 IQ
I can't remember Pokemon names anymore.

Entei comes to mind though, ****ing badass.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
macashmack
Maskcashmack
3,359 IQ
Raticate. People thinks he sucks, but mine was really strong and would **** up anyone
JimDawson
I heard you like lasers?
744 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
A single crunch will OHKO it.

That entirely depends on the pokemon using crunch. I don't think I have ever encountered a wild pokemon who OHKO'd a Kadabra of mine with that move. If I encountered a trainer of dark pokemon (one of the Elite Four members in Crystal or Ruby used dark pokemon I believe) I would just use another pokemon.

That's why you don't depend on one pokemon; it's just silly to only level up one of them. Types add a nice dynamic to the game- which I am sure you're well aware of.

All things considered, early on I find Kadabra to be an excellent group leader who holds his/her own later on as well; surely this isn't that hard to believe?

Why all the Kadabra hate?
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Weaponized
Creaky
1,756 IQ
Bulbasaur is #1 in my heart.
Quote by Neo Evil11 at #33611170
If she is poor then she is a fucking idiot despite being an atheist.

last.fm
pwnadgebunny
774 IQ

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
palm mute
Reserved User
280 IQ
Figured this thread would be closed or something.

Feraligatr was the first one I ever had (grown up) so I have huge nostalgia points for it. Although I just had to look up how to spell it.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything
1,812 IQ
Pikachu.

He can lightening-zap the **** out of everyone (except leaf pokemon?)
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,235 IQ
Quote by JimDawson
That entirely depends on the pokemon using crunch. I don't think I have ever encountered a wild pokemon who OHKO'd a Kadabra of mine with that move. If I encountered a trainer of dark pokemon (one of the Elite Four members in Crystal or Ruby used dark pokemon I believe) I would just use another pokemon.

That's why you don't depend on one pokemon; it's just silly to only level up one of them. Types add a nice dynamic to the game- which I am sure you're well aware of.

All things considered, early on I find Kadabra to be an excellent group leader who holds his/her own later on as well; surely this isn't that hard to believe?

Why all the Kadabra hate?

Because there are far better psychic types, like Espeon. Espeon is used in exactly the same way that you would use Kadabra, but they're overall more powerful in every way. They're amazing special sweepers, with their speed and special attack rivaling that of a lot of legendary pokemon. Plus, they're pretty.

A strong pokemon should be able to withstand attacks, even attacks that they're weak to. Kadabra simply cannot do that. Espeon isn't very good at that either, but at least they can do it better than Kadabra can.
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 20, 2013,
lushacrous
drunkacrous
190 IQ
Venusaur with second place Lapras

Never occurred to me, but I guess I just like dinosaurs
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
pwnadgebunny
774 IQ

my 2nd favorite (i posted Eevee earlier)

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
Ducky-Kun
87 IQ
Can't believe nobody's said it yet, but: Slowpoke.

He's just the coolest pokemon. Slow, kind at heart and the ****er doesn't even notice being bit in the tail until like a day after.

For me, no other pokemon comes close to the cool- and relaxedness of Slowpoke.
eGraham
Rattle That Lock
1,539 IQ
Articuno
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
JimDawson
I heard you like lasers?
744 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Because there are far better psychic types, like Espeon. Espeon is used in exactly the same way that you would use Kadabra, but they're overall more powerful in every way. They're amazing special sweepers, with their speed and special attack rivaling that of a lot of legendary pokemon. Plus, they're pretty.

A strong pokemon should be able to withstand attacks, even attacks that they're weak to. Kadabra simply cannot do that. Espeon isn't very good at that either, but at least they can do it better than Kadabra can.

If I had an Eevee I would probably just evolve it into an Umbreon because I'd already have a decent psychic pokemon. Never really been that into Eevee or it's evolutions though. I'm not saying Espeon sucks or anything of the sort- that would be wrong- just that I would rather have an Umbreon. Although, I suppose it would all depend on what my team looked like at that point. Back in the Crystal days I did have a bit of a thing for dark pokemon though...

I've played the game and I have seen Kadabra take a beating. Recover can really make up for that low defense value in lots of situations- especially in the wild. No amount of arguing can magically change this! Is this really that hard to believe? I'm not trying to say Kadabra is the best non-legendary in the game either- that's easily disproven with a base stat table.

I brought this one up specifically because I have had lots of great moments using a Kadabra. Kadabra has been in every pokemon game I have played, and I sought it out for good reasons. Overall, I would say Kadabra is probably my favourite pokemon for a variety of things come to think of it. There are many pokemon I have used, but I think I may just be the most familiar with Kadabra. After all, it was the first one to come to mind when I entered this thread. Things like familiarity and nostalgia have a lot to do with what people consider their "favourite" I imagine. Kadabra wouldn't be that memorable to me if it was useless either.

Besides, there's lots of other people mentioning pokemon they like in this thread- don't just single me out!
Quote by Jesus
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,235 IQ
Quote by JimDawson
If I had an Eevee I would probably just evolve it into an Umbreon because I'd already have a decent psychic pokemon. Never really been that into Eevee or it's evolutions though. I'm not saying Espeon sucks or anything of the sort- that would be wrong- just that I would rather have an Umbreon. Although, I suppose it would all depend on what my team looked like at that point. Back in the Crystal days I did have a bit of a thing for dark pokemon though...

I've played the game and I have seen Kadabra take a beating. Recover can really make up for that low defense value in lots of situations- especially in the wild. No amount of arguing can magically change this! Is this really that hard to believe? I'm not trying to say Kadabra is the best non-legendary in the game either- that's easily disproven with a base stat table.

I brought this one up specifically because I have had lots of great moments using a Kadabra. Kadabra has been in every pokemon game I have played, and I sought it out for good reasons. Overall, I would say Kadabra is probably my favourite pokemon for a variety of things come to think of it. There are many pokemon I have used, but I think I may just be the most familiar with Kadabra. After all, it was the first one to come to mind when I entered this thread. Things like familiarity and nostalgia have a lot to do with what people consider their "favourite" I imagine. Kadabra wouldn't be that memorable to me if it was useless either.

Besides, there's lots of other people mentioning pokemon they like in this thread- don't just single me out!

I can certainly understand you wanting an Umbreon, as i love them too. They're hard as hell to knock out.
Quote by Axelfox
JimDawson
I heard you like lasers?
744 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I can certainly understand you wanting an Umbreon, as i love them too. They're hard as hell to knock out.

You sound like you'd know more about that than I would. Hell, it was more than ten years ago when I played Crystal and about seven or eight since I played Ruby. Sadly, both of them were stolen from me by two different people.

Honestly, I was expecting you to post something really immature like "U mad?" or something.

No offense, it's just how I saw this going. You know what the internet's like.
Quote by Jesus
Last edited by JimDawson at Jan 20, 2013,
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,235 IQ
Quote by JimDawson
You sound like you'd know more about that than I would. Hell, it was more than ten years ago when I played Crystal and about seven or eight since I played Ruby. Sadly, both of them were stolen from me by two different people.

Honestly, I was expecting you to post something really immature like "U mad?" or something.

Don't tempt me.

If you want to know about Pokemon though, Bulbapedia is your best friend.
Quote by Axelfox
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 20, 2013,
JimDawson
I heard you like lasers?
744 IQ
Actually, I was just there. I remember looking up lots of stuff like EV training and base stat tables on Gamefaqs back in the day.

One time I actually tried a really extensive Bagon breeding program to get the best IVs possible. I think I bred some move too, but I can't remember if that's even possible with a Bagon.
Quote by Jesus
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,235 IQ
Quote by JimDawson
Actually, I was just there. I remember looking up lots of stuff like EV training and base stat tables on Gamefaqs back in the day.

One time I actually tried a really extensive Bagon breeding program to get the best IVs possible. I think I bred some move too, but I can't remember if that's even possible with a Bagon.

Just get a Smeargle.
Quote by Axelfox
zilant
2,245 IQ
Always had a soft spot for Vulpix/Ninetales.