anthsband
2,396 IQ
I have 2 firestudio projects...is there a way to use them along with my laptop in place of an actual mixer for a PA system? Would I get PA speakers and a power amp and plug that into the main outs of the interface? or something among those lines? is it possible?
Last edited by anthsband at Jan 20, 2013,
PSimonR
PSR
83 IQ
You can do this using Firecontrol. I have a MOTU and have tried the same but prefer to use a real mixer since for small venues its necessary to ride the faders to get the feedback under control - this might not be a problem with folk or theatre productions but for rock and metal its quite impractical.
jof1029
GO HOKIES!
2,175 IQ
that would be the idea, main outputs to a power amp and speakers (or just powered speakers). i ran live sound for a band who did it, and it worked fine (though the unit may have actually been more meant for live use, i cant remember what it was).

the biggest issue i had was trying to work all of the digital faders to keep volumes level. not a huge issue when mixing a recording, but trying to use a mouse (or god forbid, trackpad) in real time with a bunch of channels was not idea.