Page 4 of 4
BladeSlinger
nerd
120 IQ
Quote by edmodo23
Whoawhoawhoa man. I said I would produce their album to the best of my abilities, but considering my low-fi recording equipment, i feel like $20/h is totally ripping them off. But its what they want I guess, and if I'm making hundreds of dollars off musically ignorant middle schoolers, then I am okay with this.

But you're doing it anyway for your own gain. That's bullying pretty much. It's common courtesy to inform people if they're working against their own interest. I would have made some bad choices if not for some more experienced musicians telling me that I was spending more than I needed.
Quote by cemges
And tell, how come you became idiot enough

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
490 IQ
Quote by edmodo23
Whoawhoawhoa man. I said I would produce their album to the best of my abilities, but considering my low-fi recording equipment, i feel like $20/h is totally ripping them off. But its what they want I guess, and if I'm making hundreds of dollars off musically ignorant middle schoolers, then I am okay with this.

Tell them that they're getting demo quality, so they might as well just record a demo. Then, you wouldn't be such a dick.

Also, if you feel like you're ripping them off, then lower your fee. Say, $15/hour.
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
20 IQ
Quote by edmodo23

Wouldn't you be more okay with telling them what to expect and make it work for everyone and make eveyrone happy? Obviously not, which makes you a dick.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
451 IQ
As a hobby engineer I honestly can't wait to hear how bad of a job he does.

It'll be fuqing hilarious.

Do you even monitor bro?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
matt bickerton
wants a better username
70 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
As a hobby engineer I honestly can't wait to hear how bad of a job he does.

It'll be fuqing hilarious.

Do you even monitor bro?

That pretty much sums up everything I hate about producers/DJs/electronic-based musicians today. If all the more experienced guitarists here acted the same way towards newbies as you, this website would've flopped years ago.

Such ridiculous, unfounded elitism.
captainsnazz
~
50 IQ
Quote by roaraudio
Do your complete best to make them sound as good as possible or don't record a thing. Don't tarnish the recording profession. In fact, **** off. You are a bully.

Thank you for answering my prayers and /threading this thread my Lord.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
451 IQ
Quote by matt bickerton
That pretty much sums up everything I hate about producers/DJs/electronic-based musicians today. If all the more experienced guitarists here acted the same way towards newbies as you, this website would've flopped years ago.

We'd happily help him out over at the recording forum if he asked... but he hasn't... we're really rather nice over there.

If you've ever read any of TS's other threads, you'd probably understand why I'm being this way. The guy, whilst he may have good intentions, is a bit of an idiot.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
willT08
Banned
211 IQ
Quote by matt bickerton

In what way does producers also tip in to DJ's and EDM artists?

You sound like a closet elitist to me.
matt bickerton
wants a better username
70 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
We'd happily help him out over at the recording forum if he asked... but he hasn't... we're really rather nice over there.

If you've ever read any of TS's other threads, you'd probably understand why I'm being this way. The guy, whilst he may have good intentions, is a bit of an idiot.

Fair enough. Admittedly I've not been here in a while so I'm not familiar with the TS's other work, ha. Apologies if I sounded a tad harsh, having studied Music at university I just have a lot of experience of people in this field of music being overly elitist about newbies. Much like that feeling you get as a beginner guitarist walking into a guitar shop and everyone else is looking down their nose at you. I've never understood that, I hated it.

Quote by willT08
In what way does producers also tip in to DJ's and EDM artists?

You sound like a closet elitist to me.

A lot of EDM artists started out as DJs and the genre in itself is largely focused around production. I don't understand how linking the three is so far-fetched to you.

You're just confronting me for the sake of confronting me.
willT08
Banned
211 IQ
Quote by matt bickerton

A lot of EDM artists started out as DJs
This was true in 1999.
matt bickerton
wants a better username
70 IQ
Quote by willT08
This was true in 1999.

Again, arguing for the sake of arguing. I can certainly think of more EDM artists who also DJ than those who don't.

Stop nitpicking.
willT08
Banned
211 IQ
Quote by matt bickerton
Again, arguing for the sake of arguing. I can certainly think of more EDM artists who also DJ than those who don't.

Stop nitpicking.

Yeah but you said that they mainly DJ first and then move in to production. Which simply isn't the case nowadays. DJ'ing after producing is just a way to make money.
matt bickerton
wants a better username
70 IQ
Quote by willT08
Yeah but you said that they mainly DJ first and then move in to production. Which simply isn't the case nowadays. DJ'ing after producing is just a way to make money.

I said a lot DJ first. A lot do DJ first. I can include myself in that group.

My initial point was that DJs, producers and EDM artists can be linked. I've proved that is often the case, I never once said it was true for all.

Again, you're just nitpicking and exaggerating unimportant parts of my argument in an attempt to save face.

Why are we even arguing? Can we please just drop this now.
Last edited by matt bickerton at Jan 22, 2013,
willT08
Banned
211 IQ
I'm in a room of 20 EDM artists right now and not one of us started DJ'ing first. And I'm arguing for the sake of arguing because my lecture is quite dull. I don't know why you're arguing.
matt bickerton
wants a better username
70 IQ
Quote by willT08
I'm in a room of 20 EDM artists right now and not one of us started DJ'ing first. And I'm arguing for the sake of arguing because my lecture is quite dull. I don't know why you're arguing.

I'm arguing because I'm currently unemployed and have nothing better to do with my day
andyscoot
UG Senior Member
70 IQ
Quote by edmodo23
... You know I want to be a professional film maker someday. I scripted, filmed and directed this short film by myself. Believe what you want, but it was all me.

If I were you, I wouldn't own up to having written, filmed and directed it, especially if you want to be a "professional filmmaker". I assume you use those terms very loosely as there was almost no writing or directing done.
edmodo23
Banned
50 IQ
Quote by andyscoot
If I were you, I wouldn't own up to having written, filmed and directed it, especially if you want to be a "professional filmmaker". I assume you use those terms very loosely as there was almost no writing or directing done.

Dude I told everyone what to do and what to say. I also filmed it. It took like 10 takes to film the movie because nobody would take it seriously.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
451 IQ
Quote by edmodo23
Dude I told everyone what to do and what to say. I also filmed it. It took like 10 takes to film the movie because nobody would take it seriously.

Do you ever re-read your posts and just laugh at yourself?

Quote by DisarmGoliath
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
490 IQ
Quote by edmodo23

No one took it seriously anyway. 95% of people probably watched it and were laughing at how cheesy it was and how bad the acting was.
BoyLilikoi
60 IQ
I don't support ripping off the kids, and if you go through with this I agree with the notion that you should do it to the best of your ability.

But did anyone else read the post of their band name? As Her Body Burns, woof.
andyscoot
UG Senior Member
70 IQ
Quote by edmodo23

Yeah, you told everyone what to say, which is what a script would do anyway, so not directing.

The fact that it took you 10 takes to film the movie (which dosen't make a whole lot of sense since theres a couple of cuts and stuff) that shows you don't have the control over your film.

I'd stick to being a con artist.
SexyLikeAPig
Don't judge us fat girls
10 IQ
So roaraudio is our Messiah. Does that make edmodo our Satan?

Dude, don't be a dick. Even though you're Satan so it's kind of your job.
RIP Adam
edmodo23
Banned
50 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
Do you ever re-read your posts and just laugh at yourself?

No, why?
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
490 IQ
Quote by SexyLikeAPig
So roaraudio is our Messiah. Does that make edmodo our Satan?

Dude, don't be a dick. Even though you're Satan so it's kind of your job.

Quote by edmodo23
No, why?

Satan, stop being ridiculous. Don't you know you're being ridiculous.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
451 IQ
Quote by edmodo23
No, why?

Because you should.

Go rewatch that video you claim to have spent so long directing. Then read this quote:

Quote by edmodo23

Especially focus on the bit about nobody taking it seriously. Think about why they wouldn't take it seriously. Watch the video and consider why no one would take seriously over and over until you understand.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jan 23, 2013,
soul_power
UG Newbie
381 IQ
He's trolling you idiots.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
DonGlover
Occultist
20 IQ
I admire Edmodo's "I don't give a shit" attitude.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
BelowTheSun
10 IQ
Quote by edmodo23

I don't think you quite understand what directing and filmmaking entails
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
451 IQ
Quote by soul_power
He's trolling you idiots.

He's really not... this guy is totally legit. If you've seen his other threads you'd understand

Quote by DisarmGoliath
SexyLikeAPig
Don't judge us fat girls
10 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
He's really not... this guy is totally legit. If you've seen his other threads you'd understand

I don't know, I think he probably is. But it's more fun to assume he isn't.
RIP Adam
edmodo23
Banned
50 IQ
Quote by BreatheOver
Yes...take advantage of some 14 and 15 year olds...that will be a wonderful career move.

This isnt really my ideal career, i'm just expirimenting in various diverse fields so I can have a better understanding of what I want to do
a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --
92 IQ
I love how entrepreneurial you are edmondo, a real inspiration to me
edmodo23
Banned
50 IQ
Quote by a_7_x
I love how entrepreneurial you are edmondo, a real inspiration to me

Entrepreneurial is what I aim for