Page 3 of 3
Quote by technicolour
No, both are equal, and two sides of the same coin. However, because we are in the midst of life right now (disregarding skepticism) we must accept death as the next inevitable force.

"We're gonna live forever" - Noel Gallagher

Yeah, so take that! Noel disagrees with you!
Quote by Supersonic-95

Are you 12?
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Life is not the opposite of death. Death is the opposite of birth. Life is eternal.

that was strangely thought provoking.
Quote by Dregen
that was strangely thought provoking.

I thought so too when I first heard it.
Anathema had a sample of a bloke talking in the track Presence, and that was one of the things he said.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUhqOuVUlWI

Quote by Supersonic-95
I just don't like dark music. The lyrics are negative and hateful.

Have you ever come across the idea of music as a sort of catharsis? Listening and embracing the negativity to purge yourself of those feelings by giving them an outlet.
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Jan 22, 2013,
Quote by Supersonic-95

Most people have posted stuff I would say already but this needs a response.

Namely, anyone who cannot accept that we all will die someday is foolish and in denial. It is simply a fact of life - everything dies. There's no getting away from it. That doesnt make it bad or good, simply a fact.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Quote by Burning_Angel
Most people have posted stuff I would say already but this needs a response.

Namely, anyone who cannot accept that we all will die someday is foolish and in denial. It is simply a fact of life - everything dies. There's no getting away from it. That doesnt make it bad or good, simply a fact.

Pretty sure that was a tongue-in-cheek comment.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Quote by roast
Pretty sure that was a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Yes, it was. But Supersonic (our rather annoying TS) has been trolling all over. So, his tongue-in-cheek comment was just another way to troll.

Edit:

http://youtu.be/ZKnnlJ86P78
I know it's not everyone cups of tea, but it is rather melodic. Also, their use of eastern instrumentation at times (especially behind the "djenty" guitar parts) is genius. Even if you hate "djent", you should check this band out.

http://youtu.be/sjKEHL9XJKE
http://youtu.be/DKQYQ9sNWiE
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jan 23, 2013,
I don't understand why people ask others to explain tastes they don't share. If you don't get it by listening to the music, you're not gonna get it by reading or listening to others' justifications. A linguistic explanation will always fall short since it's realm of comprehension and focus is vastly different from music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6ATBJw3RrA
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Last edited by Rust_in_Peace34 at Jan 23, 2013,
This is one incredible abomination of a thread in all aspects and in need of extermination
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Yes, it was. But Supersonic (our rather annoying TS) has been trolling all over. So, his tongue-in-cheek comment was just another way to troll.
ILER]

Listen here, soft petal, And you sound like a balm pot. A silly wannabe. You sound like what of those "I'll scratch your back and you'll scratch mine" all that fake creepy wanting to be popular crap. Just lay if it ok, it's really creepy.
Last edited by Supersonic-95 at Jan 23, 2013,
It just reminded me seeing Hvis, I wrote a paragraph about why the track Det Som Engang Var is so good to a friend, but I found/deleted it yesterday, and now kind of wish I hadn't as it was pretty good I felt. (at least for my standards)

edit: huzzah, recycle bin to the rescue. Bear in mind I wrote it very quickly and to someone not into metal. So let's not be too critical.

I wanted to show that within the darkness, the negativity, the ugliness of Black metal, you can make music of extreme beauty and grandeur. I honestly think there is a division in music between art, entertainment and folk. Now a lot of people would guffaw at the idea of metal being considered art. But to the naysayers I would play this. Grandiose in scope, perfect in execution, the atmosphere is thick, yet it never falls into the trap of ‘musical wallpaper’ where nothing happens at the expense of having atmosphere. The synth really makes this album, underpinning everything, and adding a real sense of Wagnerian grandeur at times. It’s almost like a classical piece in structure too, with the opening motif of combined guitars and synth being like a slow string and brass section playing a series of slow chords before coming to your next movement when that incredible tom roll on the drums kicks in, and you start to hear your first theme, Or rather a development of the opening theme. The drums are very minimal, and almost hypnotic in nature as they lull you into a trance like state. As does the music as a whole at the time, I suppose it’s very ambient in nature in that respect. The vocals I imagine will be the biggest put off. But I think they perfectly reflect the darkness of the piece, the anguish, the aggression. If you translate the lyrical themes especially, you can’t convey those feelings any other way. That feeling of longing and despair. “We are not dead... We have never lived”
Then you get the shimmering tremolo guitar rising above the music just before the 9 minute mark, before one of the grandest, most purposeful sections of music ever written enters. Like a slow war march. It almost evokes a sense of mankind marching to it’s ultimate destruction. Such sorrow in the melody, yet a strange sense of triumph.
I know it might seem an odd thing to dwell on the darkness and negativity, but it’s an inescapable part of life. Rather than brush it under the carpet we should embrace it. Plus as I say, I’m a firm believer in catharsis, purging the evil and negativity out of me via the medium of music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBll5LyMnAw
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Jan 23, 2013,
Quote by Supersonic-95
Listen here, soft petal, And you sound like a balm pot.

What?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
It just reminded me seeing Hvis, I wrote a paragraph about why the track Det Som Engang Var is so good to a friend, but I found/deleted it yesterday, and now kind of wish I hadn't as it was pretty good I felt. (at least for my standards)
That song is so fucking powerful and amazing beyond belief. Definitely his best song, IMO, though my favorite Burzum moment might be the middle to end of Inn i slottet fra drømmen... just pure, scintillating light.
Last edited by Steve08 at Jan 23, 2013,
Quote by Supersonic-95
Listen here, soft petal, And you sound like a balm pot. A silly wannabe. You sound like what of those "I'll scratch your back and you'll scratch mine" all that fake creepy wanting to be popular crap. Just lay if it ok, it's really creepy.

Isn't that Oasis
Quote by Supersonic-95

Hey, UK guys; Is this how chavs talk and act?
Quote by Supersonic-95

I wonder if you can say that in a metal growl. Go on try. Use vocaroo to give results. It'll be hilarious and equally contributive as any of your comments in the entire Metal forum.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I wonder if you can say that in a metal growl. Go on try. Use vocaroo to give results. It'll be hilarious and equally contributive as any of your comments in the entire Metal forum.
I back this post 100%
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Hey, UK guys; Is this how chavs talk and act?

No, not really.
However from his/her use of coloquialisms I would say they are from south lancashire (or the metropoliton burough of Greater Manchester. ) At a guess not a million miles away from Bolton.

Either that or it's a well researched parody of a northerner, and it's double trolling.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I wonder if you can say that in a metal growl.

I couldn't do that because only people who are sad are able to do that.
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
No, not really.
However from his/her use of coloquialisms I would say they are from south lancashire (or the metropoliton burough of Greater Manchester. ) At a guess not a million miles away from Bolton.

Either that or it's a well researched parody of a northerner, and it's double trolling.

That explains his fondness of Madchester music. Oh well.
Oasis are nothing to do with Madchester, they're a (great) plain old rock/pop group, like the Beatles.

Madchester is so much more than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnBi-LNM0Og
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Page 3 of 3