klotza1
32 IQ
I recently bough a gift for my brother (a guitar) in hopes i can interest him to start jamming more often with me. The guitar in question is known as a Dean VMNTX in classic black finish. I made no argument against the fact that due to it's price, it would probably come needing a little love out of the box. At First glance I was satisfied so i inspected closer. Immediately the top plastic piece on the toggle fell off, (uh oh). Of course it was not set up, i figured that, so i changed the strings and plugged er in. Immediately on any gain channel there was a blaring hum unless touching metal parts, i assumed a grounding issue. Then i noticed all of the electronics were wired backwards (wtf)... This is all fixable so whatever. The main issue however is one of tuning, I have tried everything i know to get it to stay tuned but it constantly goes flat, sometimes before i'm even finished with other strings. The nut isn't bad looking but something is wrong. Here are some bad pictures.(Invalid img)(Invalid img)(Invalid img)(Invalid img)(Invalid img)(Invalid img)
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
don't keep it.
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
Tremolo Bum
Addicted to FR
1,607 IQ
If it's that bad I would certainly return it.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
jpnyc
Banned
1,023 IQ
It’s not properly grounded. Return it; the manufacturers need to be forced to eat a loss for shipping this kind of crap.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
i agree with returning it

i can't really make out anything from your pics (your house appears to be on fire, i'd deal with that before the guitar ), but in one of the pics you seem to be showing the neck pitch, as if that's a fault too- that is probably normal. Doesn't excuse the rest of the problems, of course, but I thought it was just worth pointing out.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

klotza1
32 IQ
I guess it's the right thing to do, but now i have to deal with shipping it back and waiting weeks for something else.... /sigh
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
yeah it's a pain in the ass I've had a bunch of faulty things recently that had to be returned. it's even more annoying when you send it back to be fixed and they ship it back to you and haven't fixed it properly. that's happened to me a couple of times now
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp