Hi everyone.

I have someone offering to sell me a RR1 Jackson for $450, here's a pic. I've been Googling around but can't find one that looks like this, does it look familiar to anyone? I have no idea if the deal is worth it. He's including the case. Pickups are Seymour Duncan.
Attachments:
securedownload.jpg
Last edited by Huge Guy at Jan 22, 2013,
Quote by Huge Guy
Hi everyone.

I have someone offering to sell me a RR1 Jackson for $450, here's a pic. I've been Googling around but can't find one that looks like this, does it look familiar to anyone? I have no idea if the deal is worth it. He's including the case. Pickups are Seymour Duncan.

Ask for a serial number and to see if it's neck thru. I'm also pretty sure that RR1 are made in the USA, and feature real FR trems and SD pickups. It's also a like $2k guitar iirc, so I'd make sure to do your research as that seems to be quite the deal.
Looks like an RR3. They came in a Crimson Swirl.

Worth about that price, too.
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
ESP/LTD SN-1000
Jackson Stars Kelly "Aiko"
Ormsby SX6 prototype
Dingwall NG-2 "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
EVH 5153
I'd like a better shot of the bridge but that looks like an RR1 to me.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jeleopard
Looks like an RR3. They came in a Crimson Swirl.

Worth about that price, too.

Some guy just did a NGD with this RR3.

I'm gonna say RR3.

Could be wrong, but the picture we're judging isn't much.
Ibanez RG652KFX Prestige
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Looks identical to an RR3. RR1's have ebony fingerboards and neck binding, which are the main give-away's. They also have 'Made in USA' on the headstock.

The RR3 is still a good guitar though.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Thanks. I've asked the guy for more info, don't want to make him drag it all the way to my house for nothing!

He did say the bridge is a Floyd.

I was suspicious it's not an RR1 because all the ones I've seen for sale are over $1k.

Looking at RR3's on Google now, that's got to be it. They seem to sell for around $300 to $350 used at GC.
Last edited by Huge Guy at Jan 23, 2013,
You never know, it could be some guy who doesn't know his shit about to give someone a deal... just because there's a slim chance it could actually be a RR1 why not ask for a pic of the bridge, or the back of the guitar (where the neck joins the body)?

Here is the difference between an RR1

And an RR3

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
All you need is a picture of the back of the guitar. Bolt-on, RR3. Neck-thru, RR1.

It's almost definitely an RR3 though. I don't even know if they make/made RR1's in Crimson Swirl. For the record though, I gigged with an RR3 a couple of times and I've got to say it's a pretty sweet guitar.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
looks like an RR3, I've yet to see a rr1 with red swirl.

That bridge looks like a low profile bridge so it's likely the JT580LP (Licensed Floyd)

... in the end likely an rr3
???
Thanks guys. I already told the guy I'll pass. Looks like a good guitar but I'm not a huge fan of V's...
Quote by Huge Guy
Thanks guys. I already told the guy I'll pass. Looks like a good guitar but I'm not a huge fan of V's...

So even if it was an RR1 you still wouldn't have gotten it since your not a fan of V shaped guitars.

Man, what a useless thread.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab