Page 10 of 10
They were certainly too close to name off of a situation without comparison. I wondered if they muddiness wasn't just the tubes dying.

This is definitely going to save me some time and money. I had originally planned on switching to KT77's across the board or else using a pair of EL34's and a pair of 6L6's a the same time for a similar effect. I'm definitely not going to bother now

I still might pick up some JJ 6V6's to try out, just for the fun of it. I wouldn't ever need them for a gig, nor would I use them, since I play Metal.

Also, I meant to address tubetime's thoughts on the Tweaker switches.

On the Vengeance, there are a similar set of switches, and each one makes a pretty pronounced difference. The Gain +/- switch makes quite a bit difference on it. I've played the Tweaker, but it's been a while since I realy sat down and messed with one, so I can't say for sure about the toggles on it, but I love the versatility from the switches on the Vengeance. It really lets you put the certain nuances you need for certain sounds, like a flubbier bass response, a more rounded high end, extra mids, less mids, etc. The Gain switch on the lead channel mostly adds a little push and gives it a darker Growl in the lower mids. Certainly not muddy, though, it's still very clear.
TBH, the 6V6s sound kinda interesting, as they do have a lower input sensitivity so you'd be getting a bit more clipping at equal volumes. I never bothered with them since I've got an attenuator for home use, but they might be a decent solution for amps that can take them.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
And they're good things. They even compare favourably to the Brimars I have (that's in the Champ). The Brimars may have a slight edge and will probably last longer but if coming in cold you'd never guess which one was in there without looking. That's saying something.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
At least I know if I get a set, I'll be getting something good, then

Just curious, but what would the wattage output of a pair of those be?

Also, after what Matt said, I think maybe at some point after I grab some recording gear, I'll buy a pair of each type of power tube and do a demo of each one cranked and each one with the volume cut back and show what the actual sound differences are. I'll stick with all JJ's for continuity in terms of brand, and do 6L6, 6V6, EL34, E34L, KT66, KT77, and KT88. Keep it setup the same for each clip, and set the bias to the middle of the recommended operating setting.

Do you guys think it would really be worth the time and effort to "debunk" the differences between them all?

Normally I wouldn't want to "waste" money like that, but either way, I'll always have the tubes as backups. I mean, if they all sound the same, I can throw any of those pairs in as a replacement for any other pair, and if they do actually sound different somehow, I can use those differences to my advantage.

For each one, I would probably just use my clean channel with all of the switches set to "-" except mids, which would be set to the middle, all of the EQ set to noon, and the Gain, Channel Volume, and Master Volume all set to 10. Would that be a fair testing ground?
No. Just play the guitar. Leave the dumb shit to TGP. It will be tested eventually.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Damn, we really should have considered swapping the word 'gimmick' for 'shenanigans.'
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by mmolteratx
Literally days before I turn 21. How's Vegas on ID'ing?

not very big on it honestly.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
I went to a new restaraunt last night, a microbrew bar, and forgot my ID. I'm 26 and I was there with my wife... But I couldn't get served.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by cdr_salamander
No. Just play the guitar. Leave the dumb shit to TGP. It will be tested eventually.

x2.

Waste of money....
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
free bump day

So apparently I missed the Kemper Rack version. I did hear the non-rack version with a band at the Seymour Duncan booth- the noise police were a bunch of bitches and shut the shit down for the next act....
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Egnator booth was busy. No one messing around playing Anything.

Bogner had lots of guitars for people to play. The Atma was in constant use. Very full sounding and sounded like a real amp instead of small lunch box.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
I sent egnator an email yesterday asking about a release date for the HG or Detroit series, we'll see if they get back to me. Does anyone have a close-up of the HG? I'm assuming that's what the black amps are.
Yeah the HG are the black ones.

Can you post back with the details once they reply back to you?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Where is it? Is Craig gonna hook it up again?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I can only imagine how busy he is.

I haven't been on in a while. Wonder if he can do the same thing again, we need another epic NAMM thread.

Obviously I would be happy to go again.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by Offworld92
Where is it? Is Craig gonna hook it up again?

Winter NAMM is always in Anaheim, and summer NAMM is always in Nashville. Will stay that way at least through late next decade. Dunno about Craig hooking it up this go round. I'd love to go, but it's just at the most inconvenient time. A week and a half into a semester is about when I'm getting on prof's good sides.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
If someone can get me a pass I'll definitely go this year.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92

Email Craig. You can get his email off his site.

Not sure if it is past the free sign up or not. I have to get up at in a few hours otherwise I would. I'll probably forget.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
I just shot him an email. We'll see.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Is anyone going to Winter NAMM 2014?

I'm going. I go every year. What would you like? I mean besides an autographed pic of 311
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by Offworld92

If you're in SoCal, maybe try some of the smaller local music dealers/shops, & see if they're NAMM members. The passes only cost $25, but you have do some leg work if you don't know anyone who's a member. Just ask the store owner/member if they'd be willing to get you a pass if you pay for the pass & buy them a 12-pack or something, or slip them a little extra cash. It helps if it's a store where you actually do business. I tried to locate a link to a NAMM member list, but gave up after a short time...couldn't find one. Just ask around, & good luck!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Heard back from Craig. He says he's busy and most likely won't make it this winter.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Dec 22, 2013,
I would remove that response.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
My mistake, I meant no ill.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
No biggie.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
anyone?

We must depend on the guy with the family guy picture.

Riffhog. Hopefully he takes pictures before he gets drunk. A bunch of blurry pictures would be a let down.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Last edited by R45VT at Jan 19, 2014,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
he said he would take phone pics

I have faith in Stewie.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr