Page 2 of 2
Skynyrd890
Unregistered User
506 IQ
Quote by theogonia777
What if my favorite is a company that makes acoustic guitars, if not entirely than at least primarily, such as Martin or Taylor?

Most of the Pit is too br00tal for acoustics.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Emperor's Child
Isn't It?
2,486 IQ
Quote by Hydra150
This is a specific question about electric guitar. Any specific questions about electric guitar should go in the Electric Guitar forum. There are probably people who use that forum and not this one who enjoy having this discussion - and if people who use The Pit exclusively would like to also discuss electric guitars then they can go into the forum designed for that.

o wait, nvm, TS is banned it seems
OP never explicitly stated the question referred to Electric Guitars. It could be acoustics or even bass...
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,131 IQ
Quote by Hydra150
This is a specific question about electric guitar.

No it isn't.

Quote by Hydra150
Well I'd call you a liar because only old farts and idiots prefer acoustics, and everyone on UG is cooler than that.

What about the thousands of hot girls on youtube that play acoustic guitar?
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please. This as well.
JokerGrin
Banned
10 IQ
Quote by Skynyrd890
Most of the Pit is too br00tal for acoustics.

With an acoustic though, it's like you're making MUSIC with a hollowed-out container that could well be a COFFIN for a dwarf infant. Sounds pretty damn badass and br00talz to me.
Skynyrd890
Unregistered User
506 IQ
Quote by JokerGrin
With an acoustic though, it's like you're making MUSIC with a hollowed-out container that could well be a COFFIN for a dwarf infant. Sounds pretty damn badass and br00talz to me.

Honest question... are dwarf infants the same size as normal infants?
JokerGrin
Banned
10 IQ
Quote by Skynyrd890

I.....hmm.

I throw it out to The Pit.

In any case, I play a bowlback acoustic so I can only house the smallest of corpses. Very dark and metal indeed.
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE
4,022 IQ
Gibson, Jackson, and PRS.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Skynyrd890
Unregistered User
506 IQ
Quote by JokerGrin
I.....hmm.

I throw it out to The Pit.

In any case, I play a bowlback acoustic so I can only house the smallest of corpses. Very dark and metal indeed.

My favorite acoustic that I own is a D-28, so I could likely fit 2 or even 3 inside, as long as they get through the sound hole.
eGraham
Rattle That Lock
1,539 IQ
My favorite manufacturers are Fender and PRS. I plan on going to Experience PRS this Spring in Maryland.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
jonathan666666
UG's Boyscout
122 IQ
Fender is my absolute favorite. It's sad. I have a Schecter (mistake), B.C. Rich (mistake), epiphone (the zakk wylde LP, biggest mistake), and a douglas (rondo music, not bad), but no fender. I had a squire, but that was no good. I played a semi-hollow Tele at Guitar Center a few weeks ago. I fell in love.
FORZA CATANIA
Skynyrd890
Unregistered User
506 IQ
Quote by jonathan666666
Fender is my absolute favorite. It's sad. I have a Schecter (mistake), B.C. Rich (mistake), epiphone (the zakk wylde LP, biggest mistake), and a douglas (rondo music, not bad), but no fender. I had a squire, but that was no good. I played a semi-hollow Tele at Guitar Center a few weeks ago. I fell in love.

My cousin got one of those Classic Vibe tele's recently..

The neck pickup and a good soft overdrive is orgasmic. I might have to get one.
Nickpocalypse
Thread Killer
361 IQ
Quote by jonathan666666

I feel like you have enough mistakes you could sell in order to buy the Tele (or at least put a huge chunk towards it), no?
Nickpocalypse
Thread Killer
361 IQ
Quote by Skynyrd890

I think they are.
Laird95
stratsftw
99 IQ
Ibanezzszsz, I love how even the cheap models have a consistently good build quality.
Quote by element4433
What if the way their wieners were positioned they could only pee into each other's mouths?

And one had his finger joined to the other's butthole?

PLAY
UG
MINECRAFT

Or don't. Yeah don't.
treborillusion
UG Fanatic
3,126 IQ
Feline Guitars, only because I know/trust them and... They do have quality guitars.
Gibson Custom Shop -- Because of my 1996 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
flexiblemile
2,176 IQ
I'm tempted to say yamaha. Not because I love their gear above any other company but because you could equip an entire band with nothing but yamaha equipement. I'm willfully ignoring the fact that they don't really make rock amps but apart from that...

quality acoustic guitars
quality electric guitars
quality basses
quality drums
quality PA
quality pianos
quality every single other instrument on the planet.

Their high end stuff is also very good. I know you're going to come in and say "yeah but how can you compare their guitars to fender/prs/gibson etc." To me that doesn't matter so much because ALL of their medium to high end stuff is good enough.

PRS pianos?
fender drums?
gibson PA?
guild flute?

no. these things don't exist.

YAMAHA, babies
jonathan666666
UG's Boyscout
122 IQ
Quote by Nickpocalypse
I feel like you have enough mistakes you could sell in order to buy the Tele (or at least put a huge chunk towards it), no?

There really isn't much of a market for the brootal guitars in my area. And it's too much trouble to sell them to GC. Not to mention that I'm gonna get a shit deal for them.
FORZA CATANIA
Nickpocalypse
Thread Killer
361 IQ
Quote by flexiblemile
I'm tempted to say yamaha. Not because I love their gear above any other company but because you could equip an entire band with nothing but yamaha equipement. I'm willfully ignoring the fact that they don't really make rock amps but apart from that...

quality acoustic guitars
quality electric guitars
quality basses
quality drums
quality PA
quality pianos
quality every single other instrument on the planet.

Their high end stuff is also very good. I know you're going to come in and say "yeah but how can you compare their guitars to fender/prs/gibson etc." To me that doesn't matter so much because ALL of their medium to high end stuff is good enough.

PRS pianos?
fender drums?
gibson PA?
guild flute?

no. these things don't exist.

YAMAHA, babies

Good post. Yamaha is the shit, for sure.
The4thHorsemen
?
2,541 IQ
Carvin for sure. I got a DC747 a couple of years ago and haven't wanted another guitar since.

DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
1,391 IQ
LAG because... well, just google image search 'LAG Arkane Master Series'. My AP2000 is the pride and joy out of all my guitars.

Hey, look. Sigs are back.
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,245 IQ
Gibson because i have yet to play one that didn't sound amazing.

Jackson. Love their designs and their necks.

PRS is alright, but i just don't get what is so incredible about them. They're nice guitars, but i have never played one that screams 'BUY ME' yet.
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths
1,391 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Gibson because i have yet to play one that didn't sound amazing.

Jackson. Love their designs and their necks.

PRS is alright, but i just don't get what is so incredible about them. They're nice guitars, but i have never played one that screams 'BUY ME' yet.

Tried PRS before getting my LAG and nothing stood out for me - good guitars, but too much I didn't like about it. I like Les Pauls, but for rhythm work in the studio - I use one as a backup onstage as they're reliable as a tank, but not the easiest thing to play in higher registers with!
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
MetalheadA7X
Funeral Thirst
902 IQ
After starting on a cheap Encore strat copy I had the opportunity to pick up a barely used Ibanez S520EX. I jumped at the chance and ever since I've kinda been hooked on Ibanez. Bought an Apex 2 seven string after that and then went on to buy one of the limited edition RG770DXRR's.

When I bought the 770 I tried literally everything in my local guitar shop. Fender, Gibson, ESP, Jackson, Charvel and even some Caparisons. If the price was a little lower I would have went for the Caparison Dellinger, that thing was an absolute beast. I quite liked a Les Paul I played but surprisingly an ESP M-II I tried was absolutely horrid. So I tried out the 770 and it just felt right.

I don't think I'd ever buy a different guitar brand. When it comes to bass on the other hand I only really like Fender Jazz series. The neck really suits having small hands.
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Jako215
UG's Fat Frendo
1,434 IQ
I think Ibanez is the only company that can suite my ERG needs without paying $3000+ and the one RG I've owned was my first electric. Fender would be second because I love the Tele shape. I severely regret selling my Tele.
T7E
All smiles :)
844 IQ
Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

They make full aluminum, wood body/aluminum neck and acrylic body/aluminum neck fully custom guitars. Like they will make you anything you want. A base model custom is $2200.

They are just beautiful. I want one so bad.

I have a Gibson Les Paul Standard right now and it is sexy as dick.

I also love

2012 custom guitars
Fano Guitars
PRS
Framus
Duesenberg
iro-bot31
Jazz Hands
503 IQ
Carvin for sure. I bought a DC700 last summer and it is close to perfect. I've also got a Carvin V3M amp that sounds fantastic for the price tag.