beer bear
UG's Hermit
116 IQ
This could be completely wrong, but it kind of sounds like three bars of 7/8 and one bar of 4/4.
Angusman60
I think, therefore, I am.
987 IQ
I think it's a bar of 4/4 followed by 7/8
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
Sleepy__Head
A cornucopia of trivia
54 IQ
I'm hearing 3 lots of 4/4 followed by a bar of 9/8, although to be honest it sounds more like you're not coming in early enough on the last bar rather than it being right-on-the-money 9/8.
Quote by Hail
oh shut up with that /mu/ bullshit. fidget house shouldn't even be a genre, why in the world would it deserve its own subgenres you twat
kenzoomoo
140 IQ
I'm hearing 3 lots of 4/4 followed by a bar of 9/8, although to be honest it sounds more like you're not coming in early enough on the last bar rather than it being right-on-the-money 9/8.

I think you're right, would this be a difficult drumbeat to get down?
Hail
i'm a mean bully
431 IQ
tell him to do a pick-up fill into the 4/4 reprise

i'm agreeing with sleepy/snazz
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.
3,409 IQ
Yeah, seems like the fourth bar is played for too long. It sounds like it should be in 4/4 all the time. And the riff starts an 8th before the first bar. I would shorten the last note before the riff starts again. Here it's a fourth which makes the last bar an 8th longer than the three other bars. So change that note to an 8th.

If a drummer can't play a beat over a simple riff, then he's not that great drummer. Because drummer should know the rhythm very well.

Here are the three "possible" versions of the riff I recorded (I also made a simple drum track). The last one is the 4/4 - 9/8 thing. The two others are 4/4 all the time.

https://soundcloud.com/jaakkorauhamaa/riff
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Yamaha FG720S-12
Tokai TB48
Laney VC30
Hartke HyDrive 210c
kenzoomoo
140 IQ
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Yeah, seems like the fourth bar is played for too long. It sounds like it should be in 4/4 all the time. And the riff starts an 8th before the first bar. I would shorten the last note before the riff starts again. Here it's a fourth which makes the last bar an 8th longer than the three other bars. So change that note to an 8th.

If a drummer can't play a beat over a simple riff, then he's not that great drummer. Because drummer should know the rhythm very well.

Here are the three "possible" versions of the riff I recorded (I also made a simple drum track). The last one is the 4/4 - 9/8 thing. The two others are 4/4 all the time.

https://soundcloud.com/jaakkorauhamaa/riff

Wow! Thank you for the advice and recordings, they were a great help. I think my drummer's problem mostly came from my sloppy playing though haha!
AeolianWolf
Tonal Vigilante
186 IQ
three bars 4/4, one bar 2+2+3+2/8

though it really does sound like sloppy 4/4
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.