NinjaNinja
32 IQ
Okay... this is my first time posting here.
Hello, everyone!

So, I've been playing with a cheap, crappy Strat copy for about two years. I've convinced my mom to get me a new one but I'm not sure which one to get.
Firstly, I play mostly metal (X Japan, hide; if those help) and am looking for a guitar preferably with neck-thru construction, 24 frets and passive pickups (Because I'm too lazy to replace batteries. ) I don't mind a Floyd Rose/similar tremolo system or hardtail. Either will do. Oh, and my budget is approximately £500, going reasonably higher if it is a must.

At the moment, I'm looking at the following:
BC Rich Mockingbird ST/STQ (Hardware said to be fragile.)
Ibanez RG870z (Set-neck)
Ibanez RG1XXV (Better but still set-neck plus more expensive)
ESP Ltd. EC-401 (Active pickups -.-)

Are there any better guitars I could consider or should I get one of the above? Thanks.
Last edited by NinjaNinja at Jan 25, 2013,
Grawgos
Tab Contributor
979 IQ
Welcome aboard.

Your best bet is to go and play as many guitars as you can and pick the one you like best.

If you plan on changing tunings a lot, skip the Floyd and go hard tail.

Don't pass up a guitar you like because its not neck through, my set neck guitars are just as good as my neck through.
Emperor's Child
Isn't It?
2,486 IQ
Neck-Thru is going to be hard to come by. I'd stick with either a hardtail or standard trem at that price range but you sound like you're not fussed anyway, so it'll save you time/effort on tuning.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
NinjaNinja
32 IQ
Okay, I see. Thanks!
I think I'll pick up the Mockingbird STQ or Ltd. EC-401 since I will be changing tuning every no and then.
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
You might want to see if you can find a Godin Redline HB:

http://godinguitars.com/godinredlinehbp.htm

Made in Canada by a company notorious for good QC, 24 frets, hardtail, and in your price range.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
NinjaNinja
32 IQ
Thanks. Looks good and it's less than £500 on GAK.co.uk. Will most certainly consider. =D
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
You might try to find it on an American website like Guitar Center (which has an international website as well, FWIW) and see what the import & shipping costs would be. It might be cheaper- that guitar retails for as low as $500 over here.

Maybe you should make a friend over here in t"The Colonies!"
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 26, 2013,