Poll: PUBLIC POLL -- Do you keep yourself active?
Poll Options
View poll results: PUBLIC POLL -- Do you keep yourself active?
Yes
68 67%
No
34 33%
Voters: 102.
Page 2 of 2
mystical_1
Doomed
336 IQ
with ADD - staying active is only the beginning

I have six days of staying active and one day of leave me alone
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

donender
Get back to work
2,047 IQ
Some days i am, other days i'm not. I used to go to the gym but now that i am out of uni and out of a job i have no money to fund it. But like i said, some days involve a lot of travel, going all over the city, other days i have nothing to do and so i just sit around not doing much.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
T7E
All smiles :)
844 IQ
I used to do 22 hours a week of various different styles of training for rowing (Were serious motherfukkas). In mid october i felt this POP in my left arse cheek and as it turns out I tore the ligaments in my left sacroiliac joint (Base of the spine). Now my lower body is redistributing weight weirdly and it has given me severe Osteitis Pubis. So I'm down to about and hour a day of stretching and core.

TL,DR: Used to but now im ****ed
JokerGrin
Banned
10 IQ
I didn't for a while, but getting back into it now. Dem kettlebells. My work involves quite a bit of lifting too, which helps.
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
with bipolar tendencies I would assume so. But mostly mentally so. I can be extremely ****ing off and tired/low for days and then I just end up in a spasm of creativity and creation and ecerything's awesome
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
lushacrous
drunkacrous
190 IQ
Yes-ish. Classes are all a couple miles away and I always walk at a good pace to all of them, do push ups and sit ups in my room before bed on nights that I remember to, and I go running when I like the weather.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
jonlambofgod666
10 IQ
Quote by tumitama
If riding BMX(Doing tricks on a child's bike) is considered keeping active, then yes.

+1

I do the same and I also recently picked up martial arts in order to keep myself busy during the winter.
JokerGrin
Banned
10 IQ
Quote by T7E
I used to do 22 hours a week of various different styles of training for rowing (Were serious motherfukkas). In mid october i felt this POP in my left arse cheek and as it turns out I tore the ligaments in my left sacroiliac joint (Base of the spine). Now my lower body is redistributing weight weirdly and it has given me severe Osteitis Pubis. So I'm down to about and hour a day of stretching and core.

Gahhh! Man, anything to do with or near to the spine creeps me the hell out. How long is the recovery process?
Zombee
UG Newbie
146 IQ
I try, but for budgetary reasons my gym membership is expired for now.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
guitarxo
cat
1,649 IQ
Yeah I guess. I go to the gym every other day and run/dance/swim on the days in between. Being less active than this makes me feel unwell
cat
piratemetalhead
2,274 IQ
Quote by T7E

I think I know exactly what you are talking about... Is it real deep in your ass on one side, and you cant bend over without pain? (ignore how bad that sounds)

Last summer doing back squats I felt that pop in my lower back. I took it easy for a few months, then I really ****ed it again. A guy at the gym suggested that a roll the area with a tennis ball, and holy shit, a few weeks of that and the pain is really gone. Fixed up my form as well to prevent future injuries, hopefully this works for you as well.
T7E
All smiles :)
844 IQ
Quote by piratemetalhead
I think I know exactly what you are talking about... Is it real deep in your ass on one side, and you cant bend over without pain? (ignore how bad that sounds)

Last summer doing back squats I felt that pop in my lower back. I took it easy for a few months, then I really ****ed it again. A guy at the gym suggested that a roll the area with a tennis ball, and holy shit, a few weeks of that and the pain is really gone. Fixed up my form as well to prevent future injuries, hopefully this works for you as well.

Yeah that is basically it and I too was squatting. We always had to do 100 per day and it was like the one time that I was slightly out of proper position.
My physio gave me this ball that is like a spikey dog toy and I rolll around on that every day, but so far, no luck
Last edited by T7E at Jan 26, 2013,
gabcd86
isn't French.
2,030 IQ
Mmm, kinda. My gym routine has collapsed since the end of term in December, but I'm hoping to get back to it. Meanwhile, I still walk upwards of three miles a day.