Anyone have a Ibanez TS9 modded by Robert Keeley? If so, what do think of it? Was the mod worth the money?
get a hardwire CM-2 it is basically a moded TS from the factory.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I Keeley modded my Boss Blues Driver, really impressed. Was worth it for me.
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
i LOVE my keeley ts9, it rarely leaves my board...

i have a few ts9 pedals, i use them all differently. i have my keeley set full gain at all times and use it to get both rhythm tone and i stack it with either my boost pedal or another ts9 set as a clean boost. i will say that the keeley isn't all that great for a clean boost, but like i said i dimed the gain on it and just leave it. it has a very different voice than say an Analogman one. If you're up for getting a really great od pedal and already have a ts9 then give it a shot
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Last edited by gerraguitar at Jan 26, 2013,
I know it may seem stupid to ask the question after the fact. But I bought a used ts9 reissue on eBay and the day after I received it, I sent it to Keeley to be modded. Hoping to have it by the end of next week. Thank you for the replies.
Yes it's worth the money. Take the pedal to whole new level.
I do the mods he lists but his more/less mod isn't really right. The bass mod is good though - if you don't like the way a ts9 cuts the bass that is.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Got the TS9 back from Keeley. Sounds good. I'm pleased with it. I ended up getting another TS9 on eBay. It is a maxon made re-issue and I had it modded by Modest Mike. Sounds almost identical to Keeley modded pedal, which is an Inanez made reissue. I thought the maxon would be a little better in quality, but they're about the same.