0k. Basically, I have the notoriously noisy Peavey 6505. It delivers exactly the tone I want, but with one unbelievably discomforting condition.... the NOISE!!

So, I looked into all sorts of solutions, and concluded that for me, a BOSS NS2 was my best option, so I could parallel gate it. Once before the preamp, and once in the FX loop. But, having just splashed a load of my hard-earned cash on a new cab (in my signature), I now have no funds to purchase such a wondrous device.

Which left me back at square one. Then I realized I had a Behringer Shark FBQ100 sat in my room, that I had never really found viable use for. looking through the blurb on the box, it states its features as:

Single Channel Feedback Destroyer,
Microphone Preamp,
Delay Line,
Noise Gate,
and Compressor.

I thought my boat truly had come in. Later inspection of the manual informs me that it has 60KΩ balanced and 30KΩ unbalanced inputs, and 60Ω balanced and 30Ω unbalanced outputs. This posed a question, that without proper consideration, could become an issue, to me.

Ultimate Guitar seemed like the best place to come, and so I ask of you all:

Will I be able to use the Shark PROPERLY in my signal chain, or will the impedance measurements be a cause for concern?

Thanks in advance for all your help, if this works, it could save me a lot of time and money!!

cheers UG guys
Looking for any of your spare 12" speakers or electronic components (valves, transformers, anything!) and a Peavey Wolfgang USA. Message me!

I want your broken/unwanted gear, UK only. Message me!
Quote by anvil is god
stick ur dick in it

The pit at it's best.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
I don't know what the Shark is or what it does exactly but try it out and see if it works. If it doesn't then your safest option is to start saving up for a noise gate. ISP makes a great noise gate and it's only $140
moved. hate you all

i jokes
Looking for any of your spare 12" speakers or electronic components (valves, transformers, anything!) and a Peavey Wolfgang USA. Message me!

Last edited by TheRiffGod at Jan 29, 2013,
bro wrong forum bro
bro
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Impedance is a problem which can affect anyone. It's good that you're not embarrassed to talk about it.
bro
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
C'mon!! Scotts picking on a Welshie!!

This is blasphemy!!