I'm hoping to find a free midi program that's compatible with Reaper. The main things I'd be looking for is horns, strings, and drums.

I've got a crappy keyboard with a 1/4 output so I could use that if I have to but I'd prefer another route.
Gear:
Fender Telecaster w/ Dual Gibson Humbuckers
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic/Electric
Fender Frontman 212R
Band(s):
Old Too Young (Folk/Bluegrass/Punk)
The Orange Line (Stoner Metal/Punk/Alternative)
I do not have one of those. What all do I need? I figured I could just download thos software and use it. Then import it to my DAW.
Gear:
Fender Telecaster w/ Dual Gibson Humbuckers
Ovation Celebrity Acoustic/Electric
Fender Frontman 212R
Band(s):
Old Too Young (Folk/Bluegrass/Punk)
The Orange Line (Stoner Metal/Punk/Alternative)
Soundfonts are a standard for midi patches. The files come in a format called .sf2, and they have any number of patches, up to a complete bank (like Fluid), which covers every instrument in midi. For the instruments you want, I'd recommend Chorium. Both of them are free. To run them, though, you'll need a player; just search for "free soundfont player vst" or something like that.
DSK SF2 would do for a soundfont player. You could also grab their Synthtopia, Darkness Theory, BlueZ, Strings, and Orchestra synths which are all free. For drums there's Drummix Beta, or if you want something more flexible try Hydrogen with LoopBe1. LoopBe1 is a virtual MIDI cable which will allow you to send MIDI from REAPER to other programs, like Hydrogen. Hydrogen has some amazing kits for free too if you're willing to spend the time going through them and picking the best parts from each.