StewieSwan
Decent User
5,012 IQ
That's almost enough to justify a war in the middle-east
666atheist666
Weaponized
1,756 IQ
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Yeah, I was quite shocked to see this. Read something about the bouncers not allowing some people to leave because they haven't paid for drinks.
I will assume this is false because otherwise I would shit myself with mad.
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,250 IQ
Quote by Ometh
I wonder how good burnt human flesh smells like. I wonder if I would eat it.

Doesn't smell bad at all in my experience. Rather, much like a barbecue.

That's neither here nor there though...
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
macashmack
Maskcashmack
3,359 IQ
When I was on my first (and only) tour in Nam, there was a few weeks that me and my platoon lived in a small compound that we built, in order to control an important choke point. There was some action there, killed my first person while on that compound. 6, if memory serves me correctly, well there was 4 that i know for sure.

Anyway one time we were smoking a few joints of shitty pot, there wasn't much else to do. The night before we had a raid of a moving unit that came up from the southeast, there was about 20 of them, and we lost 3 guys, so we weren't in the best mood. I don't know who was smoking it when it happened, but the flame on the joint lit up the dried lives that the locals used for the roofs of the huts before we drove them out, and the fire spread so quickly. We were forced to run retreat, and had to set up our operation about a quarter mile east, because we couldn't leave defending the choke point. Was forced to sleep under the stars for a while. But the point is, the way that fire spread so quickly, I can only imagine what it would have been like to not be able to run like we did.
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
1,184 IQ
Quote by Ometh

It is a bit chewy.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Ometh
UG Addict
3,913 IQ
Quote by Dreadnought
Doesn't smell bad at all in my experience. Rather, much like a barbecue.

That's neither here nor there though...

^ From what I read the penis is quite sponge-y , maybe that's what you're refering to.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Last edited by Ometh at Jan 27, 2013,
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
Quote by Ometh

it's sizzling blood and the unholy stench of murder
macashmack
Maskcashmack
3,359 IQ
Yea we would burn the bodies of the vietcong in a pit that we shat and pissed into. We called it the hole. Burning bodies smell pretty bad.
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,250 IQ
Quote by macashmack
Yea we would burn the bodies of the vietcong in a pit that we shat and pissed into. We called it the hole. Burning bodies smell pretty bad.

The dumb doesn't betray you, because you were born in it; raised by it.
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
macashmack
Maskcashmack
3,359 IQ
Quote by Dreadnought
The dumb doesn't betray you, because you were born in it; raised by it.

Is this how you treat our countries veterans?
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
1,184 IQ
Quote by macashmack

Yes.

We also cut off their medical benefits.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,250 IQ
Quote by macashmack

It would be very painful

FOR YOU
Saint78
julian wells
1,760 IQ
Quote by shavorules42
sucks to suck

lol'd
you're a stone fox
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,250 IQ
Quote by captaincrunk
brazil

Beat ya to it, gramps
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
I wish I could feel confident that in America if something like this happened that those who had escaped alive and able would have actually turned right around to help.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

StopReadingThis
Mr. Waaayyyyne
811 IQ
Quote by Dreadnought
It would be very painful

FOR YOU

Speak of the devil and he shall appear
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
CoreysMonster
Banned
8,557 IQ
Quote by JustRooster
I wish I could feel confident that in America if something like this happened that those who had escaped alive and able would have actually turned right around to help.

Nope :I

A burning hospital? Sure. A burning school? Definitely. But a burning nightclub? No way in hell.

I can't even begin to imagine how terrifying it must be to be completely trapped in a hole underground that's on fire.
Weaponized
1,756 IQ
Quote by CoreysMonster
I can't even begin to imagine how terrifying it must be to be completely trapped in a hole underground that's on fire.
You'll find out when you die
gabcd86
isn't French.
2,030 IQ
Quote by JustRooster

Yeah, that was the only vaguely uplifting part about this shitty story.
durhamdynamo
Spaceologist
120 IQ
Damn, that must be the hottest nightclub in town.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.
982 IQ
Quote by Weaponized
I will assume this is false because otherwise I would shit myself with mad.

I'm assuming it's probably based on truth but taken in the wrong way. I'm betting it wasn't the bouncers were stood blocking the exit when the fire was going, but earlier in the night weren't letting people leave until they'd got a drink. Might be an annoying policy, but I doubt it had anything to do with the fire or people not getting out.
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
2,214 IQ
Quote by MadClownDisease
I'm assuming it's probably based on truth but taken in the wrong way. I'm betting it wasn't the bouncers were stood blocking the exit when the fire was going, but earlier in the night weren't letting people leave until they'd got a drink. Might be an annoying policy, but I doubt it had anything to do with the fire or people not getting out.

The article I read said that exits were locked in order to prevent people from leaving without having paid for their drinks. I assume that they're using a card system that some nightclubs do, where you bring a card and get it swiped/punched/stamped for every drink you order and then pay on leaving.
The idea of such systems is that bartenders don't have to carry any money and the removal of people from the act of handing over cash usually makes them drink more.

We did it in the NightClub I work in once for a theme night, but we simply put a security person at all of the fire exits to ensure no-one left without paying, locking them is insane and criminal.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.
982 IQ
Quote by Ur all $h1t
The article I read said that exits were locked in order to prevent people from leaving without having paid for their drinks. I assume that they're using a card system that some nightclubs do, where you bring a card and get it swiped/punched/stamped for every drink you order and then pay on leaving.
The idea of such systems is that bartenders don't have to carry any money and the removal of people from the act of handing over cash usually makes them drink more.

We did it in the NightClub I work in once for a theme night, but we simply put a security person at all of the fire exits to ensure no-one left without paying, locking them is insane and criminal.

Ah I'm with you.

Yeah that makes sense. Definitely a bad policy then if it means locking the fire exits...
So-Cal
Banned
264 IQ
Quote by zgr0826
Some stupid with a flare gun burned the place to the ground .

heh

pretty terrible though
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!
374 IQ
You always get one twatbag taking pictures don't you

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
2,214 IQ
Quote by MadClownDisease
Ah I'm with you.

Yeah that makes sense. Definitely a bad policy then if it means locking the fire exits...

It's highly illegal to lock the fire exits, but beyond that I fail to see how anyone could throw a padlock on them without saying to themselves "hmm, perhaps this is somewhat evil?"

If it's true that the exits were locked for that reason, then it was probably an attempt to skimp on staff by a greedy owner. This wouldn't be the first time that's happened unfortunately.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
bondmorkret
168 IQ
Apparently the nightclub owners were trying to stop people leaving before clearing their tabs, but how true that is I'm not sure. Horrible news, and an awful waste of young life.
Novandrie
69 IQ
Well, in Brazil we actually have quite strict written regulations for safety, fire hazards and all kinds of stuff. Unfortunately, due to the lack of their enforcing, people seem to need a tragedy like this to start paying attention
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Novandrie
Well, in Brazil we actually have quite strict written regulations for safety, fire hazards and all kinds of stuff. Unfortunately, due to the lack of their enforcing, people seem to need a tragedy like this to start paying attention

Well, based upon the story on the UG home page, a few people got arrested over this. I honestly think the club owners deserve the most blame. Because they didn't even put in things like a basic fire exit and apparently the fire extinguishers were faulty. Really, it all could have been prevented if the law was followed.
Zaphikh
Custom User Title
126 IQ
232 Brazillians?? Holy shit...

...how much is a brazilion again?
Hydra150
cutebutt mcsexyface
1,793 IQ
Shame that this story slipped right off the front page of UG's news section, but there's idle gossip and reunion speculation to be had...
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
Quote by Hydra150
Shame that this story slipped right off the front page of UG's news section, but there's idle gossip and reunion speculation to be had...

How long must people from the other side of the globe mourn and e-care about this? Shit happens all the time. This is a guitar site.
As tragic as it is I really see no point in sitting and crying/mourning over this here. If I want to read about it/discuss I'd do it someplace else and I would assume everyone else would do the same.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
zgr0826
UG's Cowardly Bassist
904 IQ
Quote by Zaphikh
232 Brazillians?? Holy shit...

...how much is a brazilion again?

About tree fiddy.
I Like St. Anger, So What?

Quote by NewDayHappy

I love my gays man, but a child could be buying that whopper. It just makes for a very awkward situation in the mini van when the father is talking to his son.

ayy lmao
Novandrie
69 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Well, based upon the story on the UG home page, a few people got arrested over this. I honestly think the club owners deserve the most blame. Because they didn't even put in things like a basic fire exit and apparently the fire extinguishers were faulty. Really, it all could have been prevented if the law was followed.

Actually there was a fire exit, but it was not enough for the 1000+ people in the establishment, which was over the maximum allowed per safety regulations. Beside all that, we have the security staff blocking the doors to prevent people from leaving without paying.

So yes, it could all have been avoided by following the proper laws and regulations, which makes it even sadder than a random freak accident.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Novandrie
Actually there was a fire exit

Well, someone posted an article stating that there was no fire exit. Anyway, it doesn't really matter. What matters is, entertainment establishments need to follow the laws.