smokeynichol
2,590 IQ
Anyone familiar with this device--you can hook your guitar up to a PC? what can you actually do with it?
gumbilicious
beginner
1,236 IQ
Quote by smokeynichol
Anyone familiar with this device--you can hook your guitar up to a PC? what can you actually do with it?

with no link i can't be sure, but it seems like you are talking about a 1/4" TS to usb cable.

what it does is let you record your guitar or use guitar software directly through a usb port. it allows you to bypass the native sound card. you will still need a daw (recording software) in order to use it.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
NosralTserrof
Damned
1,752 IQ
You're talking about a cable that is simply just usb and a 1/4'' input, correct?

That's probably not the best quality, imo. It'll get the job done, but not well. Try looking into standalone interfaces like a M-Audio box to get you all set up.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
1,309 IQ
They get a brief mention in the Interfaces sticky over in the recordings forum, go check that thread out. Basically they're the cheapest of the cheap option, if you can afford one of the more recommended options you should spend the extra.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
arteestic1
unemployment beta tester
588 IQ
Quote by NosralTserrof
You're talking about a cable that is simply just usb and a 1/4'' input, correct?

That's probably not the best quality, imo. It'll get the job done, but not well. Try looking into standalone interfaces like a M-Audio box to get you all set up.

If you do get into standalone interfaces, I'd stay away from M-audio, honestly...In my experience, the shells are cheap/flimsy and the preamps aren't as clean as a presonus audiobox. and the shell is metal, not plastic. for 30 more bucks, you'd be getting a very nice piece of equipment. And I believe it comes with a lite version of their DAW, Studio one, which isn't bad.

'08 PRS singlecut
'11 Gibson Les paul studio
'83 Gibson es-335 dot
'11 Taylor 114 ce
Bogner Ubercshall
Hughes and Kettner Triamp cab