guitarmageddon0
4,234 IQ
So i'm getting a peavy 6505+ soon, and I was wondering about how I should set up a midi pedal to allow me to switch from a distorted rhythm channel to a clean channel with reverb or a lead channel with delay.

Is there an affordable midi pedal with the effects built in that would allow me to do that?
Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
Is it the 112 combo or the head?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
That'll make things complicated, unfortunately.

The simplest feasible solution is to make a custom 7 Pin Din - TRS cable and connect to a Boss GT-10. That's what I've done with my JSX.

However, I don't know exactly how the + is set up, and it may not work. Mine doesn't work, so I don't use it anymore - but I don't know exactly what the problem is. I've been meaning to try to redo it, just haven't gotten around to it.

That option aside, you're going to need a "translator" in between your MFX unit and your amp. The best unit I know of for this is the RJM Mini Amp Gizmo. It's a little pricey, but one upside is that it is true programmable MIDI, which means you can use any MFX with it, and not be limited to the Boss GT8/10/100 (which can only operate amps with simple 1/4" jacks).

If you're not dead set on the +, and your budget is very limited, I highly recommend getting the regular 6505 head. It has a regular 1/4" jack, which means any of the aforementioned Boss units will be able to control it. I'm trying to trade my JSX for one for this exact reason.

Shared EQ is a downside, but it doesn't matter that much - the GT can EQ your amp to hell and back without breaking a sweat. You can run up to 3 separate EQs at the same time on it. Just something to consider if budget is an issue.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Tremolo Bum
Addicted to FR
1,607 IQ
If you want to control amp channel switching with your effects the most affordable option without getting into rack gear is going to be a boss gt-10 probably. You can wire up a custom cable to control the channel switching and effects and switch with one button press.

I like my RP1000 because I just use a simulated preamp for my clean tones and use the lead channel of my 6505+ for everything else. It doesn't have amp channel switching or midi though. But I can switch from clean to distortion or distortion with effects with 1 button press.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000