shelovemyguitar
The "s" ^ didn't fit...
1,039 IQ
LET ME EXPLAIN!

So yeah the way I see it music is like food in a way and the more I think about it the more it just seems to be true.

First there's junk food, which is the pop music of the food industry. It's quick, generic, you can find some everywhere, it's good, but if you're willing to search for a bit, there's way better stuff out there. Just like pop music. Always on the radio, pretty much always the same, it's not so bad but if you're really into music, it's kinda boring...

And then there's the rest: good restaurants, average restaurants, high quality restaurants, whatever. Better food, better quality, most of the time less known to the general public, you get it. Same with music. Everyone has his preference: suchis, pasta, etc... just like metal, prog, classical, whatevs.

I've realised that watching Anthony Bourdain no reservation. I like this show and I think we're a lot like each other. He's in constant quest for new meals, new feelings, etc... just like the prog-head that I am is in constant search for new sound, new rythms, new feelings etc... just that feeling you get when you try a new awesome meal, or a new awesome song/band.

So yeah I have a lot of time to think at work what do you guys think about it?
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Rawshik
Homophobic Racist
2,276 IQ
Oh man oh man oh man. You've made an incredible discovery! No person will ever look at music the same!
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,165 IQ
I usually describe guitar tones like food qualities, actually.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Joshua Garcia
Joshole
5,715 IQ
This is the worst generalization for music theory I've ever seen. And I don't know squat about music theory.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Have anybody went on high lately?
v Smash dat mf
eGraham
Rattle That Lock
1,539 IQ
Music is analogous to almost anything.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
408 IQ
If anything would be junk food, it's prog music.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
vIsIbleNoIsE
The Asian-Viking Paradox
1,542 IQ
if you want to draw any kind of revelation from what you just typed, it should be that food is art.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,165 IQ
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I made a thread about this once and everyone said I was crazy. I said stuff like lemon had lots of high end and dark chocolate is very bass-y.

Someone made a joke about ice cream having a scooped sound.

Wait, you mean the other way round.

I say things like "Yeah, the tone had a lot of crunch to it, but underneath it was actually pretty thick. Kinda like a hard shell taco." Or like, I would describe Santana's tone as "A really substantial milkshake, but whipped so it's more light."

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

snipelfritz
Senior Fun Correspondent
1,554 IQ
If that were the case, I'd be diabetic by now.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
TheChaz
Other Barry
543 IQ
Here's a quest. You're a pretentious cunt. Oh wait, that's just a fact. Sorry. I get those two confused sometimes.
Kueller917
2,544 IQ
Quote by JustRooster
I say things like "Yeah, the tone had a lot of crunch to it, but underneath it was actually pretty thick. Kinda like a hard shell taco." Or like, I would describe Santana's tone as "A really substantial milkshake, but whipped so it's more light."

When you think of it, it's quite silly all the words people have come up with to describe sounds and tones. They're pretty effective though.
snipelfritz
Senior Fun Correspondent
1,554 IQ
Quote by JustRooster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ0oFeXmUIY
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA