Page 2 of 2
I pretty much write music for me so yeah I listen to my own recordings.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by due 07
it's like people who are always looking at themselves in mirrors.

I listen to my recordings on our split EP because of you.

I hate having albums with uneven plays on my media players, so every time I listen to your half of the EP I have to listen to my half too
7-piece drum mic set for sale. See classifieds.
I don't think there's any problem with it. I enjoy going back and listening to some old recordings I made, even if wasn't a complete song or anything. I don't get the same joy I get from listening to my favorite bands, but it's still fun to do it. However, I rarely think my music is good, but I feel like most people feel that way about their own music. But there are times when I'm listening to my music where I'm like 'damn, that shit sounds good'. I also have a fear of sharing my music with people I know, guess I should get over that...
It's really bad form to listen to your own music. That's why I wear quality soundblocking ear plugs when I play guitar.

-What I don't undersand is why everyone else wears them when i play guitar
Si
Quote by whoomit
I listen to my recordings on our split EP because of you.

I hate having albums with uneven plays on my media players, so every time I listen to your half of the EP I have to listen to my half too

you've got to look at yrself in the mirror occasionally or else you'll just look terrible right? :,3
There's a couple of my songs I really like listening to. Because, well, I think they're cool songs. Sure, it's a bit vain, and sometimes I'll think "Wow, I made that!", but who cares? It's not like I go around telling people to play my shit at parties or whatever.
Sure, I guess it's always going to be masturbatory to some degree, but I have no problems with listening to your own tunes. I suppose I'll justify this by listing off reasons why I listen to my own music from time to time:

-Observation of what I've written in the past. I'm a pretty critical person when it comes to my art, so listening to my music is a way of pinpointing things that I felt worked and didn't work, and then deciding what I want to include and exclude in the next piece that I write.

-The stuff I write and record is in the style of music that I love... at least to my best ability. Of course I'm going to enjoy it.

-My lyrics often deal with something significant that happened to me in the past. Listening to the songs is just another way for me to think back on those moments. I guess it keeps me from completely moving on from the past, but we all do this sort of thing sometimes, don't we?
Quote by due 07
you've got to look at yrself in the mirror occasionally or else you'll just look terrible right? :,3

That's all very well but...

I've got 177 plays in my own library
7-piece drum mic set for sale. See classifieds.
Hey, I love listening to my own stuff. That's why I recorded the song - because I think it sounds cool.
Page 2 of 2