nickenator8
189 IQ
So I'm not sure if you can see what happened, my camera refuses to focus... The screw towards the bottom of my pickup came undone, and the pickup is about half an inch lower towards my higher strings... I have no idea how to get it back in though. I have no sustain anymore for strings e B and G... How can I fix this?

patticake
Acoustic Goddess
2,886 IQ
uh-oh - this is the acoustic forum...
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Captaincranky
301 IQ
Quote by nickenator8
So I'm not sure if you can see what happened, my camera refuses to focus... The screw towards the bottom of my pickup came undone, and the pickup is about half an inch lower towards my higher strings... I have no idea how to get it back in though. I have no sustain anymore for strings e B and G... How can I fix this?

It would be better if you went to the electric forum, but this is an easy fix. You remove the 4 screws holding the pickup mounting ring , which allows you to pull the whole pickup up.

There is generally a small spring the pickup adjusting screw passes through. It holds tension between the pickup mounting lugs and the pickup mounting ring. Make sure you find that and put it back with the new screw.

As to sustain, the pickup is much lower, so it doesn't generate as much output because the strings are further away from it.

If putting the pickup in the position it belongs doesn't cure the issue, the next suspect would be the issues with the bridge.

Here's link to the parts: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/proline-pickup-mounting-ring-2-pack..And a picture: