Hello. I have the following Problem. My Les Paul Guitar squeels on the Treble pickup. I tried it on other amps too. It squeels like when you are too close to the amp, but i am not. It squeels on medium gain and above. Lets say that it squeels on some light crunch blues settings too. So its not high gain problem.
it's probably microphonic

either get it repotted (only worth doing if it's a good pickup already, or still under warranty) or else just get a replacement better pickup which is already wax potted.

i guess loose screws etc. in the pickup's mounting could vibrate and also squeal, so it'd be worth checking that out too before forking out any cash for a new pickup
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Is it possible that my guitar is not shielded properly and needs an earth/ground lead?
could be but it shouldn't really make it squeal either. normally a loose ground just has more background hum/noise. EDIT: i think.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?