Dave Gilmour
...But Call Me David.
590 IQ
I have a Peavey Classic 50 212 combo. There are 2 jacks on the back of the "head" part of the combo, one for 16ohms and one for 8ohms. The combo's speakers are plugged by one jack into the 16ohms jack, so is it possible to stick that 1/4in cable from the combo's speakers into a new head? I just don't want to experience any problems I didnt account for...
Thanks
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Last edited by Dave Gilmour at Jan 30, 2013,
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
1,633 IQ
Damn David Gilmour, I'm a huge fan. Yes you can do that. Just make sure to use a 16 ohm speaker cabinet.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Dave Gilmour
...But Call Me David.
590 IQ
Thank you, but no, the "speaker cab" would be the peavey combo's speakers... and the head would be a new head. So do you mean I would have to plug the Peavey's speakers into the 16 ohm in the back of the new head?
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
kangaxxter
tune up turn on rock out
1,360 IQ
Yup, but make sure you match the impedance loads (16 ohms) to limit the stress.

Having removable wiring between the amplifier stage and speaker in the combo is a feature meant to be used to plug the amp into larger speaker enclosures, but it can also be used to make the amp into an extension cab, itself.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Fender Rumble 100 V3
Eric Johnson Fuzz Face
NYC Big Muff Pi
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
1,633 IQ
Quote by Dave Gilmour
Thank you, but no, the "speaker cab" would be the peavey combo's speakers... and the head would be a new head. So do you mean I would have to plug the Peavey's speakers into the 16 ohm in the back of the new head?

Yes, sorry I misunderstood you... But either way, the combo is acting as a 16 ohm speaker cabinet, so you need a 16 ohm head.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
yep that should work, as long as the cable stretches.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp