jeleopard
Jackson Fanboy!
1,720 IQ
Recently I got an Ibby S470 which, of course, comes with the ZR trem, which I know like... nothing about.

I've strung it with D'addario 12-52 into drop C.

Now, when I use the trem for dives, the low C goes all floppy, a la normal Floyd Rose, but all the other strings do not. Are they too tense? Could tuning them down a bit fix this? Just want to make sure...
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Ibanez RG8
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
Schecter KM7
83 Gibson Explorer "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
Ibanez SR485
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line 6 POD HD500
shredder3386
Lord of the Strings
643 IQ
Ive got the S5470, which also has the ZR. Im 100% sure about yours, but mine has a "block" in the trem system that allows the bridge to return to a neutral starting point (reducing tuning issues). If you want a true whammy dive you MAY have to remove this. Again, Im not sure if yours is the same but thats how mine operates. See Ibanez's website for examples of how to do it.
What gives me wood:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Ibanez S5470F
Ibanez RGD2127fx
Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR
Axe FX II
Mackie HD1221
jeleopard
Jackson Fanboy!
1,720 IQ
I do not have the ZPS
Legion!
Original 1969 Fender Jazzmaster
Ibanez RG8
Jackson JS32R Dinky "Curry"
Schecter KM7
83 Gibson Explorer "Kimmy"
MiM Fender Jazz Bass "Pancho"
Ibanez SR485
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line 6 POD HD500
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.
2,847 IQ
This has nothing to do with the ZR trem, this is only about string tension. Your 6th string is tuned 1 step lower than the other strings, so it would make sense that they would be tighter than it.

I suppose you could tune to C standard, but then you won't be in drop C any more. Personally, I would tune for how I wish to play, rather than trying to make dive bombs feel better.
MG_Sora
UG's Industrial Designer
61 IQ
The ZR has it too. I have it on my guitar, but I don't really think that removing said bar will make a noticeable difference. You could try though, see if you like it.

See the outermost set of springs? Those are fixed to a removable bar, try taking it out.