xnotorious
360 IQ
Whenever I play muted notes to do a chuck, I can always hear a bit of natural harmonic in it. I tried pressing down harder: the sound of the harmonics were lower, but i could still hear some. When i use more than 1 finger to mute a string however, it sounds perfect (bar mute on the 5th fret, and mute a few other notes with rest of fingers). How am I supposed to do that perfect chuck with no harmonic (not even a little) with only one hand?
steven seagull
not really a seagull
1,064 IQ
Quote by xnotorious
Whenever I play muted notes to do a chuck, I can always hear a bit of natural harmonic in it. I tried pressing down harder: the sound of the harmonics were lower, but i could still hear some. When i use more than 1 finger to mute a string however, it sounds perfect (bar mute on the 5th fret, and mute a few other notes with rest of fingers). How am I supposed to do that perfect chuck with no harmonic (not even a little) with only one hand?

Well there's part of your problem there, if you DON'T want harmonics you don't want to be muting across one of the strongest harmonic nodes on your instrument
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Andy Pollow
44 IQ
I like to bake them in the oven for an hour wrapped up in aluminum foil. But I usually prefer barbequed rib-eye.
chainsawguitar
47 IQ
It sounds like you're placing your finger over the harmonic nodes. Try moving your fretting fingers so that you don't catch the harmonic.

Either that, or try what Freepower said. I'm not sure there are any other ways of avoiding it.

Sometimes the harmonic you bring out is just part of the "chuck" sound- because the harmonics are there all the time, it's just how much you bring them out. I mean, any note contains harmonics mixed in, and when you "play harmonics" you're actually just bringing the sounds of different harmonics that are already there.

Basically: sometimes it's neither avoidable, nor is it a bad thing.
InfiniStudent
11 IQ
Quote by Andy Pollow
I like to bake them in the oven for an hour wrapped up in aluminum foil. But I usually prefer barbequed rib-eye.

LOL! That was pretty funny Andy. I wasn't expecting that.

P.S. Plus if you barbeque and put the lid on, you won't hear the harmonics anymore...
J_W
65 IQ
Chuck? Is this a real thing?