MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it
4,127 IQ
There are hundreds of reasons why a guitar may be discontinued. Lower demand is just one of the many possibilities; nobody here can possibly know the true answer as to why any particular model is no longer available. Any 'answers' will be blind guessing.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
VVolverin3
Caparison Enthusiast
868 IQ
ESP are going through a massive shift to push the ESP Standard brand back to being a (mostly) Japanese exclusive. Thus the available Standard export models have been severely cut back. There will be no more ESP versions of Signature models either. They'll either be LTDs or Custom shop.

In the long run they're going to introduce a brand called E-II which will basically replace what was the ESP Standard - from what I understand they're going to be largely the same guitars, just with the new logo/branding.

Why? Who knows.

Reading: http://guitarsatbmusic.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14614
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
MetalMike676
1,039 IQ
Well....I am now deeply saddened
Starting Weight: 310, 38.8% Body fat (11/2008, pic in profile)
Latest Weigh in 230.2 14.3% Body fat (4/13/2013)

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.
NotTheMessiah30
UG Fanatic
741 IQ
Well that just confirms even further that I will never be parting with my Horizon FRII then!
mmolteratx
UG God
3,786 IQ
EDIT: Nevermind. I see everything's been covered already.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
ESP hates America. Anyone who's been a fan of their guitars for a while can attest to this. Every year it's the same shit. Why do we get shit compared to Japan. Because **** us, that's why.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
dark Mass
ZORK
523 IQ
I've heard that the ESP Navigator line is also thinning out and they're Japan only.

Then again they have a ton of low production and low selling limited editions that were released last year. Like these below and a whole bunch more that weren't listed on the website.

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/press/20121220.html
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it
4,127 IQ
Quote by Offworld92
ESP hates America. Anyone who's been a fan of their guitars for a while can attest to this. Every year it's the same shit. Why do we get shit compared to Japan. Because **** us, that's why.

Because America isn't as profitable for them as Japan is. That one's a no-brainer. Same reason why the UK is the last country to get the EU models.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
samuraigoomba
491 IQ
I'm totally gonna buy an ESP when I go to Japan. Screw this practice of shortchanging us yanks!

ESP Viper with p90s? Hell yeah!
NotTheMessiah30
UG Fanatic
741 IQ
Quote by MrFlibble
Because America isn't as profitable for them as Japan is. That one's a no-brainer. Same reason why the UK is the last country to get the EU models.

Still, it's a shame though. I was planning on grabbing another ESP at some point in the future.
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?
1,540 IQ
They're really pissing me off at the minute. I was going to get a new LTD bass for my birthday this year but was put off by the fact that the new basses were basically lower quality at far higher prices than about 5 or 6 years ago. I love ESP guitars; hate what they're doing to the company
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Feb 2, 2013,
iamcline
Paulitically Correct
61 IQ
Pretty sad time for ESP fans. This isn't the first time that they've tried something like this, I give it a few years then everything will be back to the way it is.
http://www.twitter.com/iamcIine

ESP Eclipse II Standard
Krank Revolution+
Krank Revolution 4x12
MXR 10-Band EQ
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR Custom Comp
Maxon OD808
Boss NS-2
WholeLottaIzzy
UGs Only Rhythm Guitarist
6,023 IQ
I've wanted one of their 80s telecasters for the longest time... A white one without a Floyd. They're so hard to find now.

It's an esp eclipse custom ii I think...
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Feb 2, 2013,
Clay-man
Say no to saying no
4,082 IQ
Gonna be pissed if they stop making EX/Explorer models. If I ever got a full blown metal guitar, it was gonna be one of those.
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?
1,540 IQ
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I've wanted one of their 80s telecasters for the longest time... A white one without a Floyd. They're so hard to find now.

It's an esp eclipse custom ii I think...

Eclipse is the Les-Paul-style model, right?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
WholeLottaIzzy
UGs Only Rhythm Guitarist
6,023 IQ
Quote by eddiehimself
Eclipse is the Les-Paul-style model, right?

It is now. However, I'm pretty sure it used to be a telecaster. Then they changed to les pauls.