Page 9 of 9
My plan for the remainder of this decade is to buy a bunch of now-much-cheaper PS3 games. Because PS3 is awesome.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by WaterGod

Lol really a ****ing touch-pad!

Edit: I really hope that we're going to be able to use a regular PS3 controller.

That controller looks much better imo

The PS3 controller has such shit triggers and analog sticks.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Hate the silly touch pad. But..

Quote by WCPhils

This. So much this.

Anyways, im not really impressed so far. Haven't heard anything that particularly sparked my attention. The whole "unveiling" was rather disappointing. And no backwards compatibility? Do better, Sony.

Then again, I did miss when they were showing off the new games. Maybe that will change my mind a little. Maybe.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Playstation controllers have always been so bad in general.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
I think a lot of people in this thread were over anticipating and/or not really understanding what the announcement was all about.

It was never about showing the finalized PS4 or every new game in development or every feature planned with a set price and release date..

It was about formally announcing the console to a public audience to build hype and attention for it. This way, (1) no more leaks about the "Playstation Orbis" (the development code name), (2) they can begin getting feedback from the industry and fans, and (3) at E3, they can focus solely on showing new content. Show the specs, show a couple demos, show the new controller, boom, now E3 is all set to show off the blockbuster games and formally price the console.

It would be silly if Microsoft didn't do something similar. Otherwise, they'd have to waste much of their E3 presentation debuting the new Xbox, whereas Sony should now just be able to get right into the big announcements.

In my opinion, I think it was a fairly impressive showing, all things considered.

I think the new controller looks cool, I don't understand all the hate on the touchpad. Is it a gimmick? Only time will tell. But it's literally the same controller from PS2 and PS3, the touchpad in no way affects your ability to use the controller the same way as the previous two controllers.

The graphics were nice, some were eh, some were wow. We'll see closer to release if any of the footage shown was pre-render, target render, or actual console rendered footage. Couldn't really tell due to the video stream, but what was shown seems to be on par with modern medium-high end range gaming PCs. I'm impressed with the hardware. 8GB of GDDR5 RAM will be awesome and, IIRC, the GPU is based on current high-end PC GPUs.

And it is absolutely time for a new console generation. The PS3 and 360 have been out 6+ years, the longest any console cycle has lasted. This has stagnated game technology. Nothing is pushing boundaries anymore because developers are using ancient tech. The last game that really pushed game tech was Crysis in 2007 and The Witcher 2 in 2011, both for PC. The new consoles will finally up the ante for some amazing content and gaming experiences.

/$0.02
Quote by jumi1174
I think a lot of people in this thread were over anticipating and/or not really understanding what the announcement was all about.

It was never about showing the finalized PS4 or every new game in development or every feature planned with a set price and release date..

It was about formally announcing the console to a public audience to build hype and attention for it. This way, (1) no more leaks about the "Playstation Orbis" (the development code name), (2) they can begin getting feedback from the industry and fans, and (3) at E3, they can focus solely on showing new content. Show the specs, show a couple demos, show the new controller, boom, now E3 is all set to show off the blockbuster games and formally price the console.

It would be silly if Microsoft didn't do something similar. Otherwise, they'd have to waste much of their E3 presentation debuting the new Xbox, whereas Sony should now just be able to get right into the big announcements.

In my opinion, I think it was a fairly impressive showing, all things considered.

I think the new controller looks cool, I don't understand all the hate on the touchpad. Is it a gimmick? Only time will tell. But it's literally the same controller from PS2 and PS3, the touchpad in no way affects your ability to use the controller the same way as the previous two controllers.

The graphics were nice, some were eh, some were wow. We'll see closer to release if any of the footage shown was pre-render, target render, or actual console rendered footage. Couldn't really tell due to the video stream, but what was shown seems to be on par with modern medium-high end range gaming PCs. I'm impressed with the hardware. 8GB of GDDR5 RAM will be awesome and, IIRC, the GPU is based on current high-end PC GPUs.

And it is absolutely time for a new console generation. The PS3 and 360 have been out 6+ years, the longest any console cycle has lasted. This has stagnated game technology. Nothing is pushing boundaries anymore because developers are using ancient tech. The last game that really pushed game tech was Crysis in 2007 and The Witcher 2 in 2011, both for PC. The new consoles will finally up the ante for some amazing content and gaming experiences.

/$0.02
All of this

You guys were expecting some gigantic E3 presentation or something?

And the new controller hate is stupid

It's not like it's a Wii Remote were it drastically changes the way you use. The controller didn't lose anything and now has one more way to imput control. Though it probably won't be used very much in ways that aren't gimmicky
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Feb 21, 2013,
Quote by jumi1174

/$0.02

Quote by WCPhils

I like the analog sticks
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Only would want this for the next Metal Gear Solid nothing more. I've reached a point where I dislike games on consoles due to the fact they lack alot of what I call fun.

I'm tired of FPS games, they're all identical, heres your gun kill the badguys teabag them and cry when you get shot because your the best player and are invincible....

Bring back the fun stuff like Ps1 and early Ps2 had.
Quote by Dean Washburn
Only would want this for the next Metal Gear Solid nothing more. I've reached a point where I dislike games on consoles due to the fact they lack alot of what I call fun.

I'm tired of FPS games, they're all identical, heres your gun kill the badguys teabag them and cry when you get shot because your the best player and are invincible....

/nostalgiaglasses
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by WCPhils
/nostalgiaglasses

It is kinda true, though. Gaming today is a bigger industry with a wider consumer base than ever before. Shit's gonna get homogenized if it means more sales. When companies are working on multi-million dollar projects with shareholders and the marketting department breathing down the back of the neck, they aren't gonna take risks.

I used to be a huge gamer when I was a wee lad, but now console games just don't appeal to me. The only console game that I really wanted to play in recent history was Rayman Origins.
Quote by sashki
It is kinda true, though. Gaming today is a bigger industry with a wider consumer base than ever before. Shit's gonna get homogenized if it means more sales. When companies are working on multi-million dollar projects with shareholders and the marketting department breathing down the back of the neck, they aren't gonna take risks.

I'm not saying none of that's true, but I see people say stuff like he did all the time

They play these games as kids and absolutely love them, but don't get the same excitement or joy out of games when they're are an adult.

I know it's true for me too. I'll probably never have as much fun playing a game as I did playing Super Smash Bros Melee, or other PS1, N64, PS2, Gamecube era games. There is something different about it when you're a kid. It doesn't mean that games are worse now. Just some of the innocent wonder and excitement is gone.

It's true for tons of things though. Not just video games.

idk, just my $0.02
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by WCPhils
/nostalgiaglasses

Eh, he's not entirely wrong though. EA and Infinity Ward are some of the bigger offenders of "more of the same shit". Unfortunately, whenever any developer tries anything new, the fan base TEARS IT A NEW ASSHOLE. Hell, even Metal Gear is seeing a dumb backlash for Rising because "it's liek not stealth n stuff fuk Raiden", despite it being a spin off. Fans are some of the worst people on the planet.

EDIT: And anyway, the PS2 was the best console as far as I'm concerned. It has pretty much all of my top 10 games.
Last edited by soundgarden1986 at Feb 21, 2013,
Quote by WCPhils
I'm not saying none of that's true, but I see people say stuff like he did all the time

They play these games as kids and absolutely love them, but don't get the same excitement or joy out of games when they're are an adult.

I know it's true for me too. I'll probably never have as much fun playing a game as I did playing Super Smash Bros Melee, or other PS1, N64, PS2, Gamecube era games. There is something different about it when you're a kid. It doesn't mean that games are worse now. Just some of the innocent wonder and excitement is gone.

It's true for tons of things though. Not just video games.

idk, just my $0.02

I see your point but I actually still have that sense of wonder about a few games. I only got into Team Fortress 2 last year, and haven't put it down since. Same with Rayman Origins. I saw the trailer and I was like "I FUCKING WANT IT" and it lived up to all my expectations. Super Meat Boy and Braid are like that too. There are still games that I find fun and exciting, just not that many of them.

I'm generally quite particular about games, music, movies etc. so I don't think age has much to do with it. Although one of the differences is that games "back in the day" were still largely regarded as children's toys rather than stuff for the general public, so there was more to meet my immature tastes. There were shitty boring games back in the PS1 days, they just weren't as popular as they are now.
Quote by sashki
I see your point but I actually still have that sense of wonder about a few games. I only got into Team Fortress 2 last year, and haven't put it down since. Same with Rayman Origins. I saw the trailer and I was like "I FUCKING WANT IT" and it lived up to all my expectations. Super Meat Boy and Braid are like that too. There are still games that I find fun and exciting, just not that many of them.

Oh yea, it can still happen. I was completely blown away by Red Dead Redemption when I played that the first time. Got absorbed into the world.

I think most people's standards just get way higher once they get older. I know I played the shit out of games when I was a kid that were honestly pretty bad. I just didn't really care back then.
___

Quote by The_Blode
I would attribute the excess of FPS games to the rise in popularity of gaming in general. It's no different from Movies and Music where they got so big that there were these specific demographics that you could pander to and make a ton of money off of. That demographic for gaming is the FPS games that emphasize, somewhat, fast paced multiplayer gameplay.

A funny thing, though, is that there was only one PS4 game shown during the announcement. The other games were a puzzler, an action adventure game like crash bandicoot, another Infamous, an RPG, and what looked to be a Skyrim-esque RPG.
Was seriously surprised in seing Blizzard there with D3, and Bungie too.
This whole share button thing will make PS network look like facebook sooner or later.. Everyone sharing everything all the time.
Quote by Dean Washburn

So branch out and try the games that aren't 'bro games'.

Stuff like Heavy Rain, God of War, Uncharted, Dark Souls, or one of the many indie games that are available on console. If you're a gamer with a console and can't find a 'fun' game to play, you're not trying enough.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
speaking of god of war, I thought the god of war commercial during the super bowl was the saddest commercial

makes me want to actually play the games
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by _KurtCobain_77
So branch out and try the games that aren't 'bro games'.

Stuff like Heavy Rain, God of War, Uncharted, Dark Souls, or one of the many indie games that are available on console. If you're a gamer with a console and can't find a 'fun' game to play, you're not trying enough.

This so much.

Anyone who complains about a lack of "good games" these days either isn't looking hard enough, or they just don't like games any more.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by muffinduck01
This so much.

Anyone who complains about a lack of "good games" these days either isn't looking hard enough, or they just don't like games any more.
+1

^ Holy shit, that does make me want to play that game!
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Feb 21, 2013,