Hi. I own 4 pedals and am getting sick of replacing batteries, a mate said to buy a power supply.

My pedals:

Boss TU-3
Boss DD-6
Behringer TO
Vox V845

I have just bought a Boss PSA 230 online, and am ordering some daisy chains, will this work?

Ta.
Yep. As long as your pedals all are 9v center negative that should be fine (most are).

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Okay cheers, are there any better power supplies out there for a similar price? I can still cancel my order
I would say keep the boss. It's a solid unit and there's not really anything better for that.

-Digitech RP1000
I personally prefer the Dunlop DC Brick. It powers a TON of pedals, but seeing as how most of your pedals are Boss anyway I would stick with what you bought.
What gives me wood:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Ibanez S5470F
Ibanez RGD2127fx
Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR
Axe FX II
Mackie HD1221
If you can still cancel, I would and get a One Spot instead. It has a crazy high mA rating, and can power a ridiculous amount of pedals.

Not that you would ever use that many per se, but my ideology is it's better to have and not need than to need and not have.

I used can attest and I know others around here can as well that it's a very good unit for how much it costs.

The DC Brick is a joke - it's essentially a One Spot in the form factor of an ISO unit, and it costs 5x as much. it's not actually isolated. Massively overpriced.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by hamza hashmi
why dont you just buy rechargable batteries.

Still a huge hassle compared to an adapter.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
The 1 spot seems much better so I have ordered that, with daisy chains will anything do?

As for rechargable batteries my delay pedal's battery died during a gig in a section where I needed the reverse effect, batteries are unreliable.
Quote by Andalus
The 1 spot seems much better so I have ordered that, with daisy chains will anything do?

What do you mean? If they're 9V center negative you should be fine.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
The same company that makes the One Spot also makes a daisy chain for it. They do a combo pack that has other stuff in it as well, pretty good deal.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
What I mean is, can I just buy any old daisy chains and not some fancy malarkey?

I can't be bothered with the combo pack don't need most of it.
Thanks again.
Quote by Andalus
What I mean is, can I just buy any old daisy chains and not some fancy malarkey?

I can't be bothered with the combo pack don't need most of it.
Thanks again.

Yeah, there's no need to spend a fortune on what amounts to some wire with a jack on the end. As long as the construction isn't shoddy you should be fine. My daisy chain cost around 5 bucks I think, maybe a little more. I don't even remember because I've had it for so long.

-Digitech RP1000
What do you need a daisychain for? Powering the pedals?

Thats what the one spot does. It has multiple connections.

Keep in mind the higher amperage pedals should go closer to the power source.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Okay chaps thanks, your advice has been invaluable cheers to all of you.

I will update this thread if I have any issues when I get my power supply. Ta.
1 spot is what most people i know use, pretty solid unit for most standard effects, a normal amount.

if you need to power a ton of pedals of varying power consumtion, require no hum, etc people get a high end power supply
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
One spots are pretty quiet, and if your running a noise gate any additional noise is pretty much a non issue especially if it has its own power supply.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.