Page 155 of 155
TheChaz
Other Barry
60 IQ
Quote by necrosis1193
I'm not trying to be a dick, but it's hard for me to have sympathy when the Giants have won more World Series titles in the last six years than the Orioles have won division titles in my lifetime

I do know how much it sucks to have a team that never fails to disappoint, so I can relate to the pain

It ain't easy being that bad for a full season though, it takes true effort

I know and I have no right to complain but it's just jaw droppingly bad baseball from a team that was on fire for the first half.

And now Crawford just left the game with a hand injury.
chrismendiola
60 IQ
Predictions this year, let's go.

Awards
AL MVP: David Ortiz
NL MVP: Kris Bryant
AL Cy Young: Corey Kluber / Zach Britton
NL Cy Young: Max Scherzer
AL ROTY: Michael Fulmer
NL ROTY: Corey Seager

Playoffs
AL Wild Card: Blue Jays over Orioles
NL Wild Card: Mets over Cardinals

ALDS: Rangers over Blue Jays / Red Sox over Indians
NLDS: Cubs over Mets / Nationals over Dodgers

ALCS: Red Sox over Rangers
NLCS: Cubs over Nationals

WS: Cubs over Red Sox

I'm pretty confident about the NL, and the AL could really go to the Indians, the Rangers, or the Red Sox.
TheChaz
Other Barry
60 IQ
Quote by chrismendiola
Predictions this year, let's go.

Awards
AL MVP: David Ortiz
NL MVP: Kris Bryant
AL Cy Young: Corey Kluber / Zach Britton
NL Cy Young: Max Scherzer
AL ROTY: Michael Fulmer
NL ROTY: Corey Seager

Playoffs
AL Wild Card: Blue Jays over Orioles
NL Wild Card: Mets over Cardinals

ALDS: Rangers over Blue Jays / Red Sox over Indians
NLDS: Cubs over Mets / Nationals over Dodgers

ALCS: Red Sox over Rangers
NLCS: Cubs over Nationals

WS: Cubs over Red Sox

I'm pretty confident about the NL, and the AL could really go to the Indians, the Rangers, or the Red Sox.

AL MVP: Trout
NL MVP: Bryant
AL Cy Young: Tanaka or Sale
NL Cy Young: Fernandez
AL ROTY: Fulmer I guess the AL ROTY field is weak AF
NL ROTY: Seager duh

Playoffs
AL WC: Jays over O's
NL WC: Mets over Cards

ALDS: Jays over Rangers/Sox over Indians
NLDS: Cubs over Mets/Nats over Dods

ALCS: Sox over Jays
NLCS: Cubs over Nats

WS: Shocker Sox win in game 7 on LF fielding error over Cubs whole world lols @ Chicago
TheChaz
Other Barry
60 IQ
Also LOL Fangraphs removed the Indians from their standings list because they have a vendetta against their name and logo. I mean, that's understandable but when you're a baseball analysis website you can't just leave off a team
chrismendiola
60 IQ
Quote by TheChaz
AL MVP: Trout

Interesting. I sort of discredited Trout when doing this because he's surprisingly only at 27 HR, which, of course, is nothing to be ashamed of, but it's also not the 40-ish we expected this year from him, and he's on the Angels.

I honestly chose Ortiz because, even though he's less valuable as a DH, I'd expect the voters to get sentimental. He's 40 years old and he's a legend-to-be putting forth a phenomenal year, especially since it's his last.

I'm surprised to see you pick Tanaka for Cy Young. He's very quietly had a fantastic year, and he's sort of under the radar for anyone who doesn't watch the AL East, so I'm surprised to see someone whose team is from the NL West acknowledge him.
necrosis1193
UG Nerd
440 IQ
Quote by TheChaz
Also LOL Fangraphs removed the Indians from their standings list because they have a vendetta against their name and logo. I mean, that's understandable but when you're a baseball analysis website you can't just leave off a team

Just refer to them as "Cleveland baseball team"

It's how a lot of football outlets that have a problem with the Redskins get around that while still covering the team

AL MVP: Altuve
NL MVP: Bryant or Murphy. Need to see the last ten or so games to decide.
AL Cy Young: Britton
NL Cy Young: Hendricks
AL ROTY: Fulmer
NL ROTY: Seager

AL WC: O's over Tigers
NL WC: Giants over Mets
ALDS: O's over Rangers/Indians over Sox
NLDS: Giants over Cubs/Nats over Dodgers
ALCS: O's over Indians/Giants over Nats
WS: O's over Giants

Who better to break the Two Year Curse than Superdavis himself?

Also I totally don't have a vendetta against the other AL East teams in the playoff picture

No sir

in all seriousness I will be a very angry man if I have to watch another fucking Red Sox world series title
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2016: 78-65
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 1-0
2016 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-6
chrismendiola
60 IQ
As a Yankees fan, I've been very upset about the Red Sox dominating the AL the past decade or so, but I wouldn't be upset about this year. Even I have to say it's a really exciting team, and I'd genuinely be glad to see Ortiz cap off already amazing year in an amazing career with another ring. That, and they're a bunch of talented, really likable guys. You have to love the way Bradley, Jr. turned things around. You gotta love how dominant Porcello's become. Sandy Leon went from the backup to the backup to the backup catcher to the starting catcher, and has been excelling. The resurgence of Hanley Ramirez. Mookie Betts could be one of the most likable guy in baseball.

In a year where the Yankees are sort of out of the picture (but not really), I wouldn't mind this year being another Red Sox year. That's where I draw the line, though.
TheChaz
Other Barry
60 IQ
Quote by chrismendiola
Interesting. I sort of discredited Trout when doing this because he's surprisingly only at 27 HR, which, of course, is nothing to be ashamed of, but it's also not the 40-ish we expected this year from him, and he's on the Angels.

I honestly chose Ortiz because, even though he's less valuable as a DH, I'd expect the voters to get sentimental. He's 40 years old and he's a legend-to-be putting forth a phenomenal year, especially since it's his last.

I'm surprised to see you pick Tanaka for Cy Young. He's very quietly had a fantastic year, and he's sort of under the radar for anyone who doesn't watch the AL East, so I'm surprised to see someone whose team is from the NL West acknowledge him.

He might get the sentimental vote, but Trout has been by far the best player in the AL again.

I was aware Tanaka was having a really good season, but I admit I didn't know how good it was until I looked up the stats. I think he has the right combination of ERA, advanced stats, and the major market boost. The only thing that might ding him is WINZ