Page 162 of 162
Quote by necrosis1193
Who the hell trades two top 40 prospects, including the top pitching prospect in the country, for a good-not-great outfielder

Right? Giolito seemed to be written in stone for the Nats' future. I can't wrap my head around this deal. A Scherzer-Strasburg-Giolito rotation would have been deadly.
Apparently the Rockies are also in talks with Encarnacion. EE in Coors Field would be... something.
Yankees got Chapman back for 5 yrs/$86 million, with an opt out after three years.. Some thoughts:
  • I'm not too excited about the thought of getting him back, given that the guy was involved in a domestic violence dispute (i.e. probably beat up his wife).
  • It's pretty rare to see a reliever get more than three or four years. It makes sense, though- Chapman is only 28, and he'll more than likely opt out after the third year.
  • The Yankees traded him at the deadline then got him back. It's a popular strategy that seems to rarely works out. They got a few prospects for loaning him out for a few months, one of whom is a top prospect in the sport. Really great work by the Yankees office.
  • Again, I'm really surprised he was entertaining offers from the Cubs. I'm even more surprised the Cubs didn't want him. I was way off the mark with that guess.
If 5/$86 was the price for Chapman, I would have rather the Giants pursued Jansen instead. I expect they'll go for a similar price. Melanin's deal is front loaded too, so he gets 34 mil in the first two years, then has an opt out. So they're paying him the same rate Chapman's getting anyway if he opts out
Quote by TheChaz
Apparently the Rockies are also in talks with Encarnacion. EE in Coors Field would be... something.

thats one of the few teams i wouldn't hate to see him on. But apparently nobody's even offering him more or jose more than 3/$60
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
Jays now interested in Jay Bruce.

My faith is temporarily restored.
I'm on the fence about this. On one hand, he sucked for the Mets and they have a logjam in the outfield right now. On the other, he's 29, was worth 13.9 rWAR from 2010-2013, and is owed $13MM next year which isn't terrible especially if he could put up even 2.0 rWAR.

Quote by chrismendiola
Chris Sale to Boston. I'm surprised. I would have figured they'd be looking for a DH instead of a third ace.
I don't think it's surprising. They solidified a good rotation with one of the best pitchers in baseball. I think their lineup will be OK with Pedroia, Hanley, Betts, Bogaerts, and Bradley.

Quote by necrosis1193
Who the hell trades two top 40 prospects, including the top pitching prospect in the country, for a good-not-great outfielder
Good-not-great? In two full seasons and 3/4ths of a third he slashed .290/.362/.422 and was worth 15.4 rWAR, plus he's on a good contract signed through 2019 with team options for 2020 and 2021. I think it's a good deal for both sides. Nationals get a great player at a position they needed to fill who is under team control for 5 years and the White Sox get potential aces for their future.

Quote by chrismendiola
Yankees got Chapman back for 5 yrs/$86 million
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
I think it's crazy Bruce is only 29. Feels like he's been around forever
I got the urge to play The Show 16 tonight. I just traded for Adam Eaton. Got him for a player rated 79/100 with C potential and 2 C potential prospects. Take notes, Mike Rizzo, I'm gunning for your job. :. I can get Adam Eaton without trading possibly the best pitching prospect in baseball, never mind that and a top 50 prospect.
hey guys remember this thread

So the Jays kept Bautista after letting Encarnacion sign with another team. Eh.
holy fuckkkkkk yordano ventura

so brutal and absolutely heartbreaking
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬