TVeye
Not Worth It......
295 IQ
The worst search engine ever or....... Does it just seem like it?
Lemoninfluence
Masculist
1,223 IQ
depends on whether you're using the full search function or the little search bar in the corner.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Bair
UG Fanatic
2,917 IQ
I haven't figured it out after 8 years. I don't think I ever will
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
TVeye
Not Worth It......
295 IQ
Guess it's normal for a thread with the exact same keywords to end up two from the end of a three page list?
Rawshik
Homophobic Racist
2,276 IQ
It actually is an awful search engine.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Salmon86
Fish
542 IQ
This forum has a great search engine - said no one ever, about any site from my experience
Oh **** I gotta do vibrato
Joshua Garcia
Joshole
5,828 IQ
Well, this one time I searched for a Wilfred thread in the little search bar. Went through every thread page with the ctr + f and didn't find one. Made one but got closed because there already was one. So the little one, yes. Full search, dunno. Probably better.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Have anybody went on high lately?
v Smash dat mf
Amuro Jay
JOHNNY STOCK
8,211 IQ
Oh my god it's 2013 and people still don't know how to use the search function.

There's a menu bar near the top. Says "Control Panel FAQ Search" etc.

Click "Search"

Look at this:

You can set it to "search titles only" and "show results as threads". You can even search specific subforums.
Nameless742
UG Fanatic
926 IQ
It's pretty pish. I guess this is why titles should be SPECIFIC to the CONTENT of the thread TS.
Not "Does the forum have............."
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Danjo's Guitar
UG's Math/Physics Major
995 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495
Oh my god it's 2013 and people still don't know how to use the search function.

You can set it to "search titles only" and "show results as threads". You can even search specific subforums.

Its still shitty though. Like the fact that in order to find "The ONLY headphone thread", you can't just search heaphones, it doesn't even turn up. You have to actually search "Headphone thread" in thread title, and even then I don't think its the first one on the list. They should prioritize "ONLY" threads in the search results.
Lemoninfluence
Masculist
1,223 IQ
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
Its still shitty though. Like the fact that in order to find "The ONLY headphone thread", you can't just search heaphones, it doesn't even turn up. You have to actually search "Headphone thread" in thread title, and even then I don't think its the first one on the list. They should prioritize "ONLY" threads in the search results.

I just searched for thread titles containing "headphone" and limited my search to the pit.

Came up as the first result.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Tempoe
. . . ∆ . . .
2,517 IQ
See I wouldn't have even thought the headphone thread would be in the Pit. I have trouble finding stuff sometimes but worse is when you search and see nothing, then post a new thread and someone says use the search bar .
Lemoninfluence
Masculist
1,223 IQ
Quote by Tempoe
See I wouldn't have even thought the headphone thread would be in the Pit. I have trouble finding stuff sometimes but worse is when you search and see nothing, then post a new thread and someone says use the search bar .

even if you don't restrict the search to the pit it's the 4th result.

Quote by element4433
Amuro Jay
JOHNNY STOCK
8,211 IQ
Quote by Danjo's Guitar

>

case in point, people don't know how to use the search function.

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but I was just like you all once.
█▐▌█▐▌
1,459 IQ
The search could be better though. I don't know vbulletin's capabilities, but not being able to organize results in any other way than time (like relevancy, etc) is kinda conspicuous in the '10s. And, like, why do post results only go back 17 pages? What if I wanted to look back and cringe at my very first posts years ago, for example?