So I bought a Boss FV-500H volume pedal yesterday and I'm not sure how to use it properly, or where to place it in my pedal chain. The pedal guy at the Long and Mcquade I went to said right after your tuner, and before the wah (then to your other pedals, etc.).

I was wondering if there is a "right" spot to put it in the chain, and what effects it would have when placed in different places in the chain.

Thanks.

(I'm out of town away from my rig and can't try it out)
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
I personally put it after my drive pedals. If I want less gain going to my drive pedals I have a volume knob on my guitar. I also don't like my gain level changing as I do swells.
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Volume pedals can work in a lot of places actually. I would place it after everything except delay and reverb, that way it works as a master volume and not just a gain control. Like the guy above me said, it would be nearly identical to your volume knob if it came right after your guitar.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
i keep mine after my boost,drive etc. pedals
for swells and what not without affect the gain too much i dont like how it sounds after delays choruses flangers or other timey effects
So I'm planning on using it mainly for volume swells with my delay pedal, and less-so for more easily controlling the volume of my signal. Should I put it after my OD, but before my Flanger (or delay if I remove the flanger)?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by AWACS
So I'm planning on using it mainly for volume swells with my delay pedal, and less-so for more easily controlling the volume of my signal. Should I put it after my OD, but before my Flanger (or delay if I remove the flanger)?

Try both and do whatever works better for you. There are no hard and fast rules for pedal order.
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣