"Now the world must listen to our decree
We don't turn down for anyone we do just what we please
got to make it louder, all men play on ten
If you're not into metal, you are not my friend"
Lead_Guitar89
116 IQ
Quote by darkwolf291
So tell them
**** you. This is rock and ****in roll. Turn it up, and lets do some ****in blow.

"Whimps and possers, leave the hall!!!" hahahahaha!!!!!!
When they play Lady Gaga on full, I'll blast them with full volume shredding!!!!!!!
Lead_Guitar89
116 IQ
Quote by darkwolf291
Blast cecs go great with blow by d.i.n.g.o

can you explain? because I can't understand what you mean. Sorry!
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.
3,411 IQ
This thread.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Yamaha FG720S-12
Tokai TB48
Laney VC30
Hartke HyDrive 210c
losing battle
UG's Trollestia
2,508 IQ
Quote by Lead_Guitar89
"Whimps and possers, leave the hall!!!" hahahahaha!!!!!!
When they play Lady Gaga on full, I'll blast them with full volume shredding!!!!!!!

It's been awhile since I used my amp to crush someone's music on purpose, last two times I bleed into the other two rehearsal rooms because we turned my amp to five with a cranked rat and od infront of it to 5 and the bass amp to 9 and devoured the other two bands in the space and the time before that was some loser playing dubstep I turned it to like 2.5 and it obliterated his ass. He banged on the door and complained he couldn't hear his crap at all. It's really just the landlords that give you crap and if they are dicks can evict your ass so if your going to do it, do it at the end of the month lol.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Lead_Guitar89
116 IQ
Quote by losing battle
It's been awhile since I used my amp to crush someone's music on purpose, last two times I bleed into the other two rehearsal rooms because we turned my amp to five with a cranked rat and od infront of it to 5 and the bass amp to 9 and devoured the other two bands in the space and the time before that was some loser playing dubstep I turned it to like 2.5 and it obliterated his ass. He banged on the door and complained he couldn't hear his crap at all. It's really just the landlords that give you crap and if they are dicks can evict your ass so if your going to do it, do it at the end of the month lol.

I guess in my father's house I can do that all the time, until police will arrive!!! I'll play "Breaking the Law"!!!!
SimplyBen
Call me Ben :)
4,852 IQ
Quote by MaggaraMarine
One thing I don't understand is buying an expensive multi-channel amp (Mark V, JVM etc.) and only using the clean channel and distortion pedal. I'm sure people could get the same sound for much cheaper.

Quote by tubetime86
Correction; this is just awful.

+1
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.
2,594 IQ
Quote by SimplyBen

+1

+6.022x10^23
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
losing battle
UG's Trollestia
2,508 IQ
You need to do the beavis and butthead version of the singing because its just funny.
Anyway back on topic for I think I owned about 8 different distortion pedals the most I spent was 100 bucks for a j&h, (wicked pedal if you buy one used its worth it just for the od) a vintage turbo rat for 40, the rest I spent 20 bucks on or less. I bought a ten dollar metalzone because a buddy of mine was looking for one, I figured he'd give me 20 and It would be like getting a set of strings for free but no, its a pretty useless pedal. I at least had a little fun trying to mod it and failing.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
losing battle
UG's Trollestia
2,508 IQ
Yeah, it wasn't that terrible but the fact it got spanked my rat and j+h made it completely useless. It didn't sound that much like a can of bees if you eq'd it perfectly and kept the gain and volume low even still it was mefiocre at best. I saw a video of it being used as a boost a while back that actually sounded pretty damn good I just didn't have a high gain amp to test this for my self. Long story short don't buy it even for ten. I managed to score a ds1, the fab pedals supprisingly not that bad I still use the metal one when I want a very Lo-fi type of sound I should learn a few black metal songs so it has a legit use. Digitech death metal for $15 used it for a few hours sold it back to a store for $20 yay profit. A ds1 for 20, I sold it because I pretty much only play metal and got my money back. I forgot the rest were od pedals. If I can snag a boss dyna drive or a hm2 for $20 I'd try them out then re well them because I can.
Quote by joshua garcia

Quote by guitar0player
Lead_Guitar89
116 IQ
Quote by losing battle
Yeah, it wasn't that terrible but the fact it got spanked my rat and j+h made it completely useless. It didn't sound that much like a can of bees if you eq'd it perfectly and kept the gain and volume low even still it was mefiocre at best. I saw a video of it being used as a boost a while back that actually sounded pretty damn good I just didn't have a high gain amp to test this for my self. Long story short don't buy it even for ten. I managed to score a ds1, the fab pedals supprisingly not that bad I still use the metal one when I want a very Lo-fi type of sound I should learn a few black metal songs so it has a legit use. Digitech death metal for $15 used it for a few hours sold it back to a store for $20 yay profit. A ds1 for 20, I sold it because I pretty much only play metal and got my money back. I forgot the rest were od pedals. If I can snag a boss dyna drive or a hm2 for $20 I'd try them out then re well them because I can.

So, you have a great experience of distortion pedals!!!
tas38
UG's Michael Westen
1,189 IQ
I thought I'd just post this. This is literally the best tone I've ever heard. From 0:13-0:21. Better than any clip I've even heard from an actual Engl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8gsHESvEw0
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
losing battle
UG's Trollestia
2,508 IQ
Not as much as I'd like I haven't got to try out a dominator , a tripple wreck, or dirty bomb but as some one with a 1 channel amp that's stuck in the early seventies with almost no gain and owned many sub par amps. In my expierence its easier to let the amp take care of the eq if possible, also don't dime the gain on the pedal it doesn't sound good on an amp its sure as hell not going to sound good on a pedal. Lastly distortion pedals tend to make unwanted noise so some kind of suppressor :cough: isp decimator :cough: is essential, even if you switch to an all tube rig you can still use it its a solid investment because amps hum.
Quote by joshua garcia

Quote by guitar0player
Lead_Guitar89
116 IQ
I have a question: If I put a distortion or an overdrive pedal in front of a tube amp, is it like I have a solid state preamplifier?
randomguy2000
<3's ToppScore
903 IQ
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I've been looking at Distortion pedals recently. My amp is satisfactory, I just want something a bit different for when I feel like I need it.

The problem is that the usual options tend to be a teeny bit pants. Boss and Digitech make decent enough pedals elsewhere but I'm yet to hear a full on distortion pedal in their current range that I like. The metal muff is 'meh' and other than that, the common names that are thrown about are going for more than £100.

I've found a few pedals that I actually like. The Mesa pedal (can't remember which one is the gainiest atm), Wampler Triple Wreck, Suhr Riot and Okko Dominator are all pedals that I like, but there's a common issue. They're all closer to £200 than 100. During my searches I came across some schematics for the Wampler, okko and suhr and while they're beyond my skill atm, they're not ridiculously complex.

So I've bought a simple fizz kit so I can get a bit of practice and then I'll be attempting one of the above if I feel up to it.

Has anyone else got recommendations for high gain distortion pedals for me to check out?

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but barber dirty bomb, or one of the blackstar ht pedals.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
1,633 IQ
Quote by losing battle
@tubetime let's say you own a JVM 800 and for a few songs you want a mesa type sound, now you have three options buy and carry an expensive amp, amp moddeler or get a pedal. If you have loads of cash and a good back the mesa is for you but realisticly for most people it is not a real option. So its moddeler vs pedal and honestly this is just a matter of preference.

There is no 'JVM 800' and your 'question' is nonsense. This whole thread is nonsense.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Lead_Guitar89
116 IQ
Quote by tubetime86
There is no 'JVM 800' and your 'question' is nonsense. This whole thread is nonsense.

I think he wanted to write JCM 800. Anyway, I believe that if someone wants to experiment with his/her sound he must have a good modeller. I was thinking a lot about Laney Prism.
Last edited by Lead_Guitar89 at Feb 6, 2013,
tubetime86
1,633 IQ
Dude this isn't your own personal nonsense thread. Go away.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Lead_Guitar89
116 IQ
Quote by tubetime86
Dude this isn't your own personal nonsense thread. Go away.

What do you mean? did I write something wrong? Excuse me if I did!
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man
551 IQ
-guitar forum
-gear related
-opinions are expressed on the internet
-not a vs thread

I don't see anything wrong with the thread so much as I disagree with some of the stuff said so far.
tubetime86
1,633 IQ
It's just two guys with a very loose grip on guitar topics rambling... Can't we send them to EG or something?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Lead_Guitar89
116 IQ
Quote by tubetime86
It's just two guys with a very loose grip on guitar topics rambling... Can't we send them to EG or something?

I hope I didn't write something wrong.....
Roc8995
2,050 IQ
Guys, this isn't 9gag or 4chan or whatever it is the kids are using these days. Please don't post random memes or song lyrics or whatever.

This forum is for pointed discussion, not dumping whatever vaguely guitar-related thing comes into your head at any given moment.

I don't mean any rudeness - this just isn't the place for that stuff.
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
Quote by Roc8995
Guys, this isn't 9gag or 4chan or whatever it is the kids are using these days. Please don't post random memes or song lyrics or whatever.

This forum is for pointed discussion, not dumping whatever vaguely guitar-related thing comes into your head at any given moment.

I don't mean any rudeness - this just isn't the place for that stuff.

We should just go ahead and put this post in the official rules.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...