Vicious_Turtle
UG Member
230 IQ
hey guys, i hard its a bad idea to buy all true bypass pedals, supposedly it does something with tthe signal thats actually bad? idk if its true. thoughts?
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
170 IQ
All true bypass means no buffer, so nothing to compensate for the loss of high end over long runs of cable. A good buffer will correct this.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
The Neighbor of the Beast
90 IQ
Depends on how long your signal chain is. If you just have a few pedals and a short run of cable(s) from guitar to amp, all true bypass should not be an issue. If you have a long run from guitar to amp, then you might want (or need) a good buffer.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
440 IQ
i wouldn't say it's a bad idea, but you'd probably want a buffer as well. the thing about going all true bypass is it's pretty easy to rectify its one obvious flaw. some other methods aren't as easy to rectify.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Vicious_Turtle
UG Member
230 IQ
ive never even heard of a damn buffer pedal. the only one i found was a morely one. is that good? whats a good buffer pedals?
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.
170 IQ
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
ive never even heard of a damn buffer pedal. the only one i found was a morely one. is that good? whats a good buffer pedals?

LPB-1 is a buffer. Pedals that are not true bypass generally have a buffer built in.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
fastlanestoner
the nxt NEXT Nigel Tufnel
412 IQ
it's all about total cable length. if you have a bunch of them chained up then it makes your run longer gt - fx - amp. Most major manufacturers have buffers in their pedals, some 2. Boss, Ibanez, etc. having one of them buffer is a great way to run more TB pedals.

Always remember, if it sounds good it is good!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Offworld92
One among the fence.
520 IQ
You should have at least one good buffer in your chain, IMO.

Don't get caught up on true bypass. I've done that in the past. TB or buffer - it doesn't matter. As long as the pedal is good in the first place, you'll be fine.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
440 IQ
Quote by Vicious_Turtle

loads of the boutique guys make a buffer. whether they're actually worth it or not is another thing, lol, but lots of people make them. or just get a pedal which already has a good buffer in it.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

90 IQ
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
ok, will the pedal say if it has a buffer?

Usually the marketing material touts a pedal as true bypass if it is.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
440 IQ
^ yeah it's normally fairly obvious if the thing is true bypass or not.

if you're thinking of a specific pedal just ask us and we'll (hopefully) be able to tell you.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

Vicious_Turtle
UG Member
230 IQ
ok cool, thanks guys. looking forward to start my pedal collection. have a cae wah on the way. got it from musicians friend instead of a seller on ebay. so hopefully it will come with the trimpots
Vicious_Turtle
UG Member
230 IQ
no idae why it didnt, i got a second from the seller and i told them the problem. 2nd was the exact same way. i saw pictures online of other peoples. they had those creme collored pots in them. mine just had these little white plastic thin clips where the pots were suppose to be. probably why i couldnt get the wah to sound good. my guess is, the wah was only 135 and it came with a free pedal cable and strings. so it was probably b stock or something and they just didnt put it on there
Vicious_Turtle
UG Member
230 IQ
those 3 creme pots werEnt there at aLL. litterally. in place of those were these little white plastic clips. no idae why. but i was quite confused and a little angry
90 IQ
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
those 3 creme pots werEnt there at aLL. litterally. in place of those were these little white plastic clips. no idae why. but i was quite confused and a little angry

You may have received a counterfeit.
mmolteratx
UG God
380 IQ
I find it very odd that it would be missing trim pots, and even odder that there would be some type of clips in their place. Are you sure they weren't just different types of trimmers?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Offworld92
One among the fence.
520 IQ
Has anyone received any genuine gear that comes with extra stuff? My SM57 came with a free cable and some other stuff, and it was faker than playboy tits.

Just had a thought there might be something in that.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
tas38
UG's Michael Westen
110 IQ
The mic was a fake? Or the other stuff it came with?
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Vicious_Turtle
UG Member
230 IQ
well i tell ya, for a fake it was pretty damn convincing. it even came with dunlop booklets. and im positive, there were no pots.
Offworld92
One among the fence.
520 IQ
Quote by tas38
The mic was a fake? Or the other stuff it came with?

As far as I know it all was. The mic definitely was though.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
110 IQ
Quote by Offworld92
As far as I know it all was. The mic definitely was though.

Did it work? Where did you buy it from?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Offworld92
One among the fence.
520 IQ
It never worked. Wires were twisted up and broken inside. I've tried to fix it but they're just too short to work with. It was just some random Ebay store. Didn't pay too much attention. I didn't try to use it for a long time, so by the time I realized what was up it was too late to take any real action.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
trashedlostfdup
diet coke fiend.
1,300 IQ
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
no idae why it didnt, i got a second from the seller and i told them the problem. 2nd was the exact same way. i saw pictures online of other peoples. they had those creme collored pots in them. mine just had these little white plastic thin clips where the pots were suppose to be. probably why i couldnt get the wah to sound good. my guess is, the wah was only 135 and it came with a free pedal cable and strings. so it was probably b stock or something and they just didnt put it on there

Quote by mmolteratx
I find it very odd that it would be missing trim pots, and even odder that there would be some type of clips in their place. Are you sure they weren't just different types of trimmers?

+311

there is no way there weren't any trimpots inside there.

turtle - just man up and either say you did see them or say you have no idea in hell what they looked like.

or just quit whining and move on.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Feb 8, 2013,
Vicious_Turtle
UG Member
230 IQ
Quote by trashedlostfdup
+311

there is no way there weren't any trimpots inside there.

turtle - just man up and either say you did see them or say you have no idea in hell what they looked like.

or just quit whining and move on.

im sorry, did you have the 2 pedals i got? no, i know exactly what i was looking for. i know exaclty where they were suppose to be. that picture the guy posted, thats exaclty where the little white plastic things were. THERE WERE NO POTS! i thought i was crazy, so i got a second from them. same thing. so do me a favor and keep your condescending tone to yourself cause i dont really care to hear about how you think im a moron. your mothers a *****
trashedlostfdup
diet coke fiend.
1,300 IQ
Quote by Vicious_Turtle
im sorry, did you have the 2 pedals i got? no, i know exactly what i was looking for. i know exaclty where they were suppose to be. that picture the guy posted, thats exaclty where the little white plastic things were. THERE WERE NO POTS! i thought i was crazy, so i got a second from them. same thing. so do me a favor and keep your condescending tone to yourself cause i dont really care to hear about how you think im a moron. your mothers a *****

nice conclusion. certainly makes you look more credible.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.