Hi, I'm relatively new to playing guitar and I was wondering if anyone knows any good songs for acoustic guitar that I could possibly play. I'm already better than the basic stuff and I'd like a challenge, but not too hard... thx
Elvenking - Skywards, On The Morning Dew.
Nightwish - Angels Fall First (maybe more intermediate, but it's not too difficult to pick up).
RHCP's Californication sounds nice done completely acoustically.
Just Breathe - Pearl Jam (Good travis picking practice)
I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Death Cab for Cutie (Good fingerpicking practice)
anything from Alice in Chains' Ep "jar of flies". i find myself playing "don't follow" almost everytime i pick up a guitar. D and A chords is all it is and it sounds like a lot more. usually played a half step down, i don't unless im playing along to a recording.
Quote by stepchildusmc
anything from Alice in Chains' Ep "jar of flies". i find myself playing "don't follow" almost everytime i pick up a guitar. D and A chords is all it is and it sounds like a lot more. usually played a half step down, i don't unless im playing along to a recording.
Or possibly a half step up from C major....

(Capo on 1st fret, then play C & G. (Equals Db & Ab)).
Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Greenday
I really like their new album. Rock On!
Quote by shanna23
Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Greenday.

Try Googling, "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"......by Cafe Jacques

EDIT: I looked up "Cafe Jacques" and it turns out that even UG doesn't have tabs on them. Their "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", is a different, but quite good song. It all references back to a painting, among other things: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boulevard_of_Broken_Dreams
Last edited by Captaincranky at Feb 6, 2013,
I love the winter song by the head and the heart- not difficult but very pretty fingerpicking...
Zombie by The Cranberries is really easy. I'm a novice and picked its up in ten minutes. The chords might be wrong that I found but, they sound fine.