Eapfep
232 IQ
Hey,

I'm looking into using a looping pedal (Boss RC-3 probably) with my acoustic guitar, which is at this moment, fully acoustic. (It's a Norman B18)

What is the easiest pickup to install that would pick up "percussive" sounds made from tapping the body of the guitar?

Thanks!
PSimonR
PSR
83 IQ
While an electro-magnetic pickup will do this it tends to be insensitive to percussive effects and an under-saddle piezo pickup (Google Fishman) would be much better - maybe fitted by a luthier if you do not have the skill. An alternative would be a clip on mic. http://www.dpamicrophones.com/en/produkter.aspx?c=item&item=24343&category=118
which would give a nicer tone than a pickup but at the expense of gain before feedback margin.
Eapfep
232 IQ
How bad would the feedback be exactly?
I don't run anything complicated... Planning on just using a looper and a tiny little amp.
Eapfep
232 IQ
I'm also singing... Would a clip on mic pick up on all that as well?
Last edited by Eapfep at Feb 6, 2013,
PSimonR
PSR
83 IQ
Quote by Eapfep
How bad would the feedback be exactly?
I don't run anything complicated... Planning on just using a looper and a tiny little amp.

The feedback would be OK for folk and folk-rock volume levels. Not really good for heavy rock - but with an accoustic that's not an issue is it. Note that a mic would need a mic input on your amplification system and if you sing as well, that's two mic inputs you need.
PSimonR
PSR
83 IQ
Quote by Eapfep
I'm also singing... Would a clip on mic pick up on all that as well?

Not enough to notice. a decent vocal mic, close to you mouth, e.g Shure SM58, would allow decent separation of mic and guitar.
Eapfep
232 IQ
I was actually planning on recording everything through a single USB microphone. (Voice+Looped Guitar)