I'm in the process of getting a new amp (valveking112) and was wondering if it's ok to play an acoustic guitar through it? I'm upgrading from a Rocktron R50C and would like to sell it to recoup some money. Will it sound better through the VK instead of the muffled crap it sounds like through the R50C? May be a dumb question but I'm curious.

Edit: I really am a tube newbie
Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion
Last edited by SGFAN4174 at Feb 6, 2013,
Its certainly not going to hurt it. May not sound the best as it might color the tone a bit.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Ok, Maybe I'll try both and see what sounds better.
you'd probably be better served with a PA or acoustic guitar amp.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
you'd probably be better served with a PA or acoustic guitar amp.

Yeah plugging into a PA is always best, in my opinion. Well, not always if you have an acoustic amp that's the tops, but I've never had one soooooooooooo
It's a process, not an event.
it colours the sound but if you have a piezo pick up in your guitartht sounds a bit sterile it'll osund a bit warmer

i like the sound of an acoustic guitar througth a tube amp to be honest
I also own a VK112. While you can play an acoustic through it, be sure to start off with a low volume. It's been my experience that electric guitar amps like to feedback, when you plug an acoustic into them - has to do with the higher gain.

An acoustic amp, or a PA, is usually the best choice for an acoustic. Rivera makes a tube amp that is designed for both electric and acoustic - one channel is higher gain for electric guitars and the other channel is lower gain for acoustic guitar. It's a pricey amp, but they do sound and work nice. I've owned one for a few years now. It's the Sedona ES. The ES version of the amp has a balanced input, which is designed for Taylor acoustic guitars with the ES system. It also works quite well with regular acoustic guitars.
Last edited by KG6_Steven at Feb 6, 2013,
Thanks for the insight guys. Actually, I will be playing through a PA and the amp will be used as a monitor. It's main duties will involve being used with my G-400 though. My best bet would be to just get a regular monitor though. I was just trying to save some money.