Page 3 of 3
Quote by francesco18
Metal has 190293031 subgenres, most of them are awful but some of them are awsum.

This.

Ihsahn is pretty awsum.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by element4433
Name one pop punk band

blink-182 obviously

Honestly, I just just use it really broadly. I've heard people call everything from Green Day, Sum 41, The Offspring, MCR, and Paramore to The Ramones, The Buzzcocks, Mr. T Experience, and even stuff like Brand New

Everyone seems really confused as to what it is so I'm not 100% sure
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Nietsche
You and me, fisticuffs at dawn. Tomorrow at the crack of noon. I shall deliver my fists of fury directly to your face in the name of the mighty Odin.

Odin? Like "Decline of Western Civilization Part II" Odin?

That's the band you choose to defend with the greatness of metal?

Surely you can do better than that.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by Shawn1379
Lol, I was hoping to get a rise out of you by saying GD was the best punk band, or a rise out of someone else by saying DT was the best metal band.

It didn't work though, and now I'm a failure.

If it makes you feel any better, you were already a failure.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Metal is for dorks who say things like "fisticuffs."
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by WCPhils
blink-182 obviously

Honestly, I just just use it really broadly. I've heard people call everything from Green Day, Sum 41, The Offspring, MCR, and Paramore to The Ramones, The Buzzcocks, Mr. T Experience, and even stuff like Brand New

I'd say that's a pretty accurate description of pop-punk.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
The thing is, the people who say it's for 14 year old's kind of have a point. I remember when I was 14, I had just discovered the branch of metal. I was downloading all sorts, everything from In Flames to Children of Bodom. I thought I liked it, but then I grew older and wondered how I even got into them in the first place (granted I still like only one song from each still, but that's it). Nowadays, I like some, but I think its mostly because I like the lead and have fun learning it on the guitar. I also have a wider appreciation for different music, which I think is part of the problem when being 14.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Quote by Nietsche
You and me, fisticuffs at dawn. Tomorrow at the crack of noon. I shall deliver my fists of fury directly to your face in the name of the mighty Odin.

I'll deal with you first, then I'll head over to Jacksonville to sort out that other melt.

Aren't you from Swindon? You'll probably have all 50 of your cousin-uncle-brothers fighting with you.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by stonyman65
Odin? Like "Decline of Western Civilization Part II" Odin?

That's the band you choose to defend with the greatness of metal?

Surely you can do better than that.

No joke I had actually forgotten that was even a thing.

Quote by element4433
Metal is for dorks who say things like "fisticuffs."

Of all the things you could have picked about me that are socially awkward, my use of the word 'fisticuffs' is one of the tamest.

Quote by I.O.T.M
Aren't you from Swindon?

Yes, but my family aren't, so no cousin-uncle-brothers unfortunately.
Last edited by Nietsche at Feb 7, 2013,
For me it was something great when I was younger and a lot more angry at stuff. Nowadays I'm not. I'm calmer and I find no connection or assocation with metal at all.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by I.O.T.M
If it makes you feel any better, you were already a failure.

Well, shit... Hey, no where to go but up right?

Right?...

Guys?...
Quote by I.O.T.M
I'll deal with you first, then I'll head over to Jacksonville to sort out that other melt..

Judging by your profile pictures, you look like you probably couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag.

Also, you look pretty cute with your glasses and long red hair
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Shawn1379
Well, shit... Hey, no where to go but up right?

Right?...

Guys?...

You could go sideways.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by stonyman65
Judging by your profile pictures, you look like you probably couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag.

Also, you look pretty cute with your glasses and long red hair

Judging by your profile pictures, you look like you probably couldn't fight cos you're a guitar.

And boy am I glad I cut my hair.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Joshua Garcia
The thing is, the people who say it's for 14 year old's kind of have a point. I remember when I was 14, I had just discovered the branch of metal. I was downloading all sorts, everything from In Flames to Children of Bodom. I thought I liked it, but then I grew older and wondered how I even got into them in the first place (granted I still like only one song from each still, but that's it). Nowadays, I like some, but I think its mostly because I like the lead and have fun learning it on the guitar. I also have a wider appreciation for different music, which I think is part of the problem when being 14.

I really only like In Flames older stuff now. Nothing past Clayman really appeals to me like it use to. Except with A Sense of Purpose. I could listen to that album all day.

Bodom is just shit IMO.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by theogonia777
There is nothing that I love more than completely unsubstantiated generalizations.

But you make them all the time.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by due 07
black metal and grindcore is the only kind of metal i like. :>

I'm more of a Pantera or SOAD fan. Lamb of God is about as heavy as I can handle.
i'm starting to get more and more indifferent to metal. becoming way more into punk genres lately, mainly pop punk & hardcore/mathcore. i still listen to metal, but not as much as i used to.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
Quote by I.O.T.M
Judging by your profile pictures, you look like you probably couldn't fight cos you're a guitar.

And boy am I glad I cut my hair.

LMFAO.

Touché.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by WCPhils
blink-182 obviously

this is how I feel. I like bands like Spraynard that have been called pop-punk, but I feel like if I tell someone "I like pop-punk," they'll think of bands like Blink and Sum 41 (which I don't dislike, just not what I mean).

As for metal, it just generally feels... boring? I dunno. I like some like stoner/sludge metal a lot, but not much else.
Quote by Joshua Garcia

Like the kids up the street who can't stop playing a bunch of songs by The Lumineers. Or 9 year old I babysit and his unexpected love of Nicki Minaj songs. Kids latch onto shit that appeals to them, I don't fault the Music for that.
Quote by Trowzaa
But you make them all the time.

Have him, Trowzaa!

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Axelfox
Dude,what?

Metal has some of the greatest guitarists in music.

I bet you can't play this simple lick.

hurpahdurp

You've been here for years, you should know better by now.
Give metal a chance. I there is metal for everyone. I if ur a stoner listen to kyuss, if your into epicness listen to maiden, guiar riffs listen to prog/melodic death. If you wana party listen to Attila.
iron FUCKING maiden!!!
Quote by gamenerd323
Give metal a chance. I there is metal for everyone. I if ur a stoner listen to kyuss, if your into epicness listen to maiden, guiar riffs listen to prog/melodic death. If you wana party listen to Attila.

This. Don't knock it till you've tried it.
Ugh, these threads are like that cheap icing that comes on a store bought cake. So cheap, so sugary, yet so sickening.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
I got over my metal phase in my late teens. I still listen to a few bands from certain sub genres (Sludge, post, a little bit of thrash and black). Seems like it's something you end up sticking with "Metalz 4 lyfe!!" or you grow out of.

There are just certain things about metal I just dislike greatly though. Mainly I can't stand the elitism that surrounds it.. it's like dealing with burly lunkheaded football bros. I've seen them flat out say things along the lines of "If you don't like metal, you're a super fag and we're going to stab you and rape your family" and be serious about it. Like really? is that shit seriously necessary?? Also, they seem to have a knack for calling anything and everything that isn't metal "hipster" nowadays.
The only good metal band is Linkin Park, probably one of the most impressive Progressive Metal bands out there. Nickelback is a close second with their take on Sludge Metal.

Metal is mostly a bunch of greasy white trash whining about how their dad was an asshole and beat the shit out of them for not washing or cutting their hair. Plus they love to scream about Satan because they're mad that their parents made them go to church.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
you don't like metal cuz you ain't got no fiyah in yer soul
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Cause it's tiring, boring, and doesn't sound as diverse as people say it is. I find most of it lacking in atmosphere and mood. It's also really distracting when I'm trying to get shit done. I'm extremely picky with it. I like Devin Townsend and some experimental metal though.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by byob_soad2
this is how I feel. I like bands like Spraynard that have been called pop-punk, but I feel like if I tell someone "I like pop-punk," they'll think of bands like Blink and Sum 41 (which I don't dislike, just not what I mean).

As for metal, it just generally feels... boring? I dunno. I like some like stoner/sludge metal a lot, but not much else.

Spraynard ftw! That is all I have to contribute to this thread.
I think the problem is that it can be quite controversial and I guess, uncomfortable. Loud, aggressive and negative within a lot of its lyrical subjects.

The thing I don't like is the community. It just seems to be long-haired, neckbeard, fat metalheads who buy a BC Rich and Line 6 and go around shouting "metul rulez" in everybodys face.
Granted there are people who listen to metal who aren't obnoxious and ignorant but its the stereotype.

inb4 my username, avatar and sig.
The time has come for all to see

The men behind the curtain cast at you disease

Yours Sincerely
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
The only good metal band is Linkin Park, probably one of the most impressive Progressive Metal bands out there. Nickelback is a close second with their take on Sludge Metal.

Metal is mostly a bunch of greasy white trash whining about how their dad was an asshole and beat the shit out of them for not washing or cutting their hair. Plus they love to scream about Satan because they're mad that their parents made them go to church.

I wonder if you listen to Led Zeppelin,Jimi Hendrix or Black Sabbath.
Page 3 of 3