fdsaevad
10 IQ
sounds good. nice solid riffs, should be good with vox.

how'd you get the guitar sound? ... and what'd you use for drums? : )
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!
190 IQ
Not bad at all man.

It's generally well balanced and very punchy, god stereo spread. But to my tastes the guitars and drums both have a bit of a scratchy harshness in the upper mids. Bring some warmth into it and it'll sound much fatter without losing clarity.
irishmatt1992
UG Addict
885 IQ
Quote by kyle62
Not bad at all man.

It's generally well balanced and very punchy, god stereo spread. But to my tastes the guitars and drums both have a bit of a scratchy harshness in the upper mids. Bring some warmth into it and it'll sound much fatter without losing clarity.

Yeah I am happy with the mix but I do feel that it needs something, you might be right. Thanks dude.
irishmatt1992
UG Addict
885 IQ
Quote by fdsaevad
sounds good. nice solid riffs, should be good with vox.

how'd you get the guitar sound? ... and what'd you use for drums? : )

I am using a Line 6 POD X3 Pro. Love that ****ing thing. Took my months to get the sound I want. And we are actually using Toontrakc's EzDrummer on this song. Incredibly convenient but sooooo hard to mix.
CoreysMonster
Banned
210 IQ
First thing I noticed negatively, the drum samples. EZ Drummer, am I right? Those sound really shoddy these days, and the guitar and bass tones definitely need more work.

Aside from the mixing, the writing needs some work as well, as I personally find the beginning too long, and the part with the distorted guitar after 4 minutes goes on for too long without anything interesting happening. All in all, it's a decent track, but definitely needs some polish.