Page 2 of 2
kcmoon5150
UG's Kris
2,726 IQ
In the process of missing four classes today..

Thanks epic winterstorm.
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
DiminishedFifth
Absolute Imperfection
3,247 IQ
Not in the least, actually. I paid for it, the prof is getting my money (more or less), so I feel I can go when I want.

I just get pissed if I happen to miss something important.

Having said that, I try to go whenever possible. I learn better if I'm in the class normally. But if the class is super easy (like my music theory class a couple semesters ago) I tend to skip until I can't, at which point I'll sleep in the class cause I'm up all night either working or studying.
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer
640 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Some of us can't really take things like Math or Programming online. I need to be able to ask questions.

I wouldn't want to take a class where you're actually developing a skill, like math, or programming online, but in a class where it's all about memorizing things, like a history class, totally.
DiminishedFifth
Absolute Imperfection
3,247 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Some of us can't really take things like Math or Programming online. I need to be able to ask questions.

I know I couldn't take an online course. I'd end up failing. I have a hard enough time not browsing the internet IN class let alone in my room when I'm required to be on my laptop

Coincidence or irony: I'm in class on the internet posting this right now.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
I wouldn't want to take a class where you're actually developing a skill, like math, or programming online, but in a class where it's all about memorizing things, like a history class, totally.

Well, yeah. I took an Intro Geology class online. (I don't really give two shits about Geology, but I needed a 2nd type of science to get my 2year degree, so I could carry on and transfer my credits to current 4year program.) But see, all I was doing was reading stuff, doing a tiny bit of research and then filling in answers. It was easy.
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,270 IQ
I feel guilty initially, but soon afterwards i don't see the point in feeling guilty. It's already happened, why dwell on it?
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
bloodtrocuted93
UG's Crack*****
104 IQ
I woke up early on Monday, only to find out that my doctor's appointment was being rescheduled, so I went back to sleep "until class". Woke up as my bio lecture was ending. v.v Nothing I can do about it, so I'm just gonna study that section better to make sure I'm still good on the material. But yeah, not a good feeling.
Jearl
yr bird.
119 IQ
if I miss class because I overslept or something, I'd probably feel bad. especially because none of my classes start until 1 o'clock. that's pretty inexcusable.

but if I just didn't want to go, I wouldn't feel too bad about it at all. I don't really skip class though, honestly. also, most of the work I have to do is done outside of class, so actually going to class is like a treat to me.

however, if it's really snowy or something and classes are still on, I have no problem skipping. my university is in the next town over from me, so I commute there, but if weather is bad like that I'll stay home. only if it's really bad though.