Page 2 of 2
In the process of missing four classes today..

Thanks epic winterstorm.
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Not in the least, actually. I paid for it, the prof is getting my money (more or less), so I feel I can go when I want.

I just get pissed if I happen to miss something important.

Having said that, I try to go whenever possible. I learn better if I'm in the class normally. But if the class is super easy (like my music theory class a couple semesters ago) I tend to skip until I can't, at which point I'll sleep in the class cause I'm up all night either working or studying.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Some of us can't really take things like Math or Programming online. I need to be able to ask questions.

I wouldn't want to take a class where you're actually developing a skill, like math, or programming online, but in a class where it's all about memorizing things, like a history class, totally.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Some of us can't really take things like Math or Programming online. I need to be able to ask questions.

I know I couldn't take an online course. I'd end up failing. I have a hard enough time not browsing the internet IN class let alone in my room when I'm required to be on my laptop

Coincidence or irony: I'm in class on the internet posting this right now.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
I wouldn't want to take a class where you're actually developing a skill, like math, or programming online, but in a class where it's all about memorizing things, like a history class, totally.

Well, yeah. I took an Intro Geology class online. (I don't really give two shits about Geology, but I needed a 2nd type of science to get my 2year degree, so I could carry on and transfer my credits to current 4year program.) But see, all I was doing was reading stuff, doing a tiny bit of research and then filling in answers. It was easy.
I feel guilty initially, but soon afterwards i don't see the point in feeling guilty. It's already happened, why dwell on it?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
I woke up early on Monday, only to find out that my doctor's appointment was being rescheduled, so I went back to sleep "until class". Woke up as my bio lecture was ending. v.v Nothing I can do about it, so I'm just gonna study that section better to make sure I'm still good on the material. But yeah, not a good feeling.
if I miss class because I overslept or something, I'd probably feel bad. especially because none of my classes start until 1 o'clock. that's pretty inexcusable.

but if I just didn't want to go, I wouldn't feel too bad about it at all. I don't really skip class though, honestly. also, most of the work I have to do is done outside of class, so actually going to class is like a treat to me.

however, if it's really snowy or something and classes are still on, I have no problem skipping. my university is in the next town over from me, so I commute there, but if weather is bad like that I'll stay home. only if it's really bad though.
Page 2 of 2