Hi there

I'm currently looking for a semi acoustic guitar, but not very expensive (max $500) and I've been looking at the Ibanez Artcore series semi acoustics. I'm looking for something that can get a nice muddy blues sound, and that gets very nice clean sounds and good distortion, but not too thin (aka epi dot), something that will still have more sound than an electric when unplugged.
So anyone tried the artcore series out? How do they sound?

Thanks
The thing that always kept me away from the Artcore hollows is their lack of a rear access panel
Any work or repairs to the things must be done through the f-holes.

Other than that, nice guitars.
...we came in?

Isn't this where...
The Artcore series is pretty nice. Good value for money.i was taking lessons when they were first introduced to the market, and my instructor said that, if he didn't already have a Gretsch, he'd have picked one up in a second.

Not because it was comparable to what he had, but because it was such a bargain for its price.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
I bought an Epiphone 339 Pro in cherry but would have purchase this Ibanez Artcore AM93 Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar if I had had the extra cash. It's a piece of art in addition to a great value for the money.

Last edited by ConcertShooter at Feb 10, 2013,
someone had me install 4 new pots and a new set of burstbuckers in one. Took me 12 hours. If you plan on modding it, do not buy this guitar.
Artcore guitars are the best thing on the market for the price, especially the way Gretsch and Epiphone have raised the prices on their comparable models. Used Artcores sell cheap, so keep an eye on Craigslist.
Quote by ZepJunkie
someone had me install 4 new pots and a new set of burstbuckers in one. Took me 12 hours. If you plan on modding it, do not buy this guitar.

12hrs !?!!! how did it take that long?
"evil esteban"
if this thing melts again i'm takin' it to bugera headquarters, puttin' a bag of fecal matter on it, ringin' the doorbell and flippin the switch from "standby" to "on", and running.

"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
I'd look for a used Epiphone. Look for the Wildkat, Sheraton, Dot (Wildkat is my favorite).
Quote by jpnyc
Artcore guitars are the best thing on the market for the price, especially the way Gretsch and Epiphone have raised the prices on their comparable models. Used Artcores sell cheap, so keep an eye on Craigslist.

+1

The only Artcore I've ever played was my old teacher's. It was an early 90's Japanese one, and it totally kicked ass. For 500 bucks, you probably won't get a Japanese one, but I generally find that Ibanez stuff in that price range is pretty decent compared to other brands.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
For what I've messed around on them I was fairly impressed, definitely worth a look
Starting Weight: 310, 38.8% Body fat (11/2008, pic in profile)
Latest Weigh in 230.2 14.3% Body fat (4/13/2013)

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.
Quote by Dudage
+1

The only Artcore I've ever played was my old teacher's. It was an early 90's Japanese one, and it totally kicked ass. For 500 bucks, you probably won't get a Japanese one, but I generally find that Ibanez stuff in that price range is pretty decent compared to other brands.

Don't compare MIJ with Chinese, Korean, or Indonesian made guitars. We all know who the superior Asians are.
I have the AF75. It's comfortable, attractive, easy to play, and has a nice sound. It also rattles a bit, and I've had the frets dressed a couple of times. Like other fully hollow guitars, it tends to find frequencies that cause something on the guitar to vibrate, and feedback is an issue.

But for $350, it's hard to go wrong.