Mind Blowing Info On DMT, Evolution, And Species Wide Brain Dysfunction

Shamalamadingo
12 IQ
Is anyone here into DMT at all?

This stuff is utterly ****ing fascinating and I have to ask. Theres a really profound new theory going around by Tony Wright in Left In The Dark that involves looking at DMT and the evolution of the brain in a new way which changes everything.

I've studied the brain at Uni for years and it actually jives very well with the information I've come across again and again. We just haven't been asking the right questions. Everyone knows humans are ****ing insane, we just haven't actually tested whether or not this is literally true.

If there was even a 1% chance it is, then the only sane thing to do would be to check and make sure.

Interview with the author
[forbidden link]
Last edited by Shamalamadingo at Feb 11, 2013,
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
Quote by Shamalamadingo
Jesus...i can't even share a friggin youtube link on this site?

Brand new users can't post links, it's to prevent spam bots and shit like that
Shamalamadingo
12 IQ
Quote by blake1221
Brand new users can't post links, it's to prevent spam bots and shit like that

ah, ok thanks. how many posts do they need?
Cianyx
UG Nerd
1,216 IQ
Quote by Shamalamadingo
ah, ok thanks. how many posts do they need?

yes
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
theres a drug thread bro

a few of those guys have tried dmt. im going to do a mimosa or aciacia extraction one day if i don't find a contact for it eventually. i probably wont.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
AxeToFall
Dazed Glonuts
30 IQ
DMT is a blast, blows out all other psychedelics. Took me a few times to do it properly. It comes on extremely fast, sends you straight to the peak, and only lasts like 5-10 minutes (although the after-glow lasts a while). The first time I tried it I was too overwhelmed & fought the trip until it was over, complete waste. The second time I "broke through" but I kept my eyes open, so even though I got that prolific DMT feeling, I missed out on alot of the visuals, (aside from a bush that appeared to be swaying back & forth).
The third time though I layed down, closed my eyes, and I was GONE!! The visuals were like looking through a kaleidoscope, except a million times more intricate & trippy. I also saw these little green dots that "felt" like extraterrestrials watching me. The craziest part though was that in my peripheral I could see this face of a man who I have never seen before. When I would try to look at him & direct my attention toward him he would fade away, but when I looked elsewhere he would become more & more clear. I interpreted him as a being from another demension, watching over me through the trip. (That's how the DMT made me feel, it was more of a feeling I had than a conclusion I thought out).
I've smoked DMT a couple times since then & it's always the same; kaleidoscope visuals, green extraterrestrial dots, and a face from another universe watching me. I've never really believed in other demensions or parallel universes before I took DMT, but now I can't help but wonder. And if there are, DMT is the key to getting there.
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist
5,340 IQ
I don't think I could do DMT. I've had issues and fears with mortality. The allure of people who come out of the experience "changed" no longer fearing death, etc was great. But reading about some of the bad trips turned me off. Like 70% of the time I get stoned I freak out and get paranoid. I don't think there's anyway I could deal with something as heavy as DMT. I'll just wait for it to kick in when I die.
#DTWD
Shamalamadingo
12 IQ
Quote by primusfan
I don't think I could do DMT. I've had issues and fears with mortality. The allure of people who come out of the experience "changed" no longer fearing death, etc was great. But reading about some of the bad trips turned me off. Like 70% of the time I get stoned I freak out and get paranoid. I don't think there's anyway I could deal with something as heavy as DMT. I'll just wait for it to kick in when I die.

The thing is, i get incredibly paranoid with weed sometimes. Weed just affects everyone differently, and for some reason people like us are more prone to this aspect of it. I hardly ever get paranoid on psychedelics though.
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites
1,175 IQ
Everyone ive met who has done dmt are faux intellectual burnouts/hippies, and one ran in the street and died. **** that shit.
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
Quote by DempseyPunk
Everyone ive met who has done dmt are faux intellectual burnouts/hippies, and one ran in the street and died. **** that shit.

those are the sort of people that mostly seek dmt, it has less to do with dmts actual effects on your consciousness or your brain
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
food1010
Bassist
1,660 IQ
Quote by primusfan
Have you done shrooms or acid? I can tell you that psychedelics are far different than weed.

Weed can help prepare you for psychedelics, but it's not a guarantee that if you enjoy one you'll enjoy the other.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Hail
i'm a mean bully
431 IQ
DMT sucked once i got into phenethylamines. honestly the weakest ego death i've had, and i didn't even know that was possible.
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
Shamalamadingo
12 IQ
Wow, just because your friends are complete idiots and abuse drugs in an irresponsible and unsafe way doesn't mean everyone who uses that drug is that way. WTF kind of logic is that?

There is countless idiots who drink alcohol and then go beat they're wife and kids, or loose they're shit in public and hurt others or themselves. Does that mean that everyone who uses alcohol is like that, or that it will cause such behavior in those who use it? **** no. Stop being such a dumbass
macashmack
Maskcashmack
3,359 IQ
Never done DMT. Did shrooms a few times before. Tripped my ****ing balls off. I don't think I would be able to handle the king of psychedelics. Also, I've cut drugs and alcohol out of my life because they aren't good for you (not to say that they are bad, they just aren't good).