BrotherDamascus
122 IQ
I literally JUST got this guitar on saturday 2/9. Tonight at practice I dropped it and it hit the edge of my suitcase pedalboard (I'm buying strap locks tomorrow). I've attached a picture of the chip. I'm planning to call a local luthier to see if he'll take a look at it. Should I try to get it fixed or just live with it?

(Invalid img)
dkunick
Waco
138 IQ
Leave it...battle scars add character
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
zenbone
King of two things...
1,397 IQ
just consider it the first of a long life filled with dents and dings and awesome music. I know the first ding sucks, still a kick ass guitar
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
If not today, then some other time.

Damage is inevitable, no matter how hard you try to prevent it. Worrying about it just puts extra stress on you for no good reason. Accept it, it's not a big deal.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
4FunandProphet
Not actually a prophet...
33 IQ
It's a gigging axe, not a case queen. If you keep the guitar, that will be the first in a book of stories that each little ding, chip, dent, and scratch carries with it. I'd call it Ishmael.
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.
2,847 IQ
You've had it less than a week and you've already dropped it. I'm sure you will drop it again and again, given that fact. And It doesn't sound like a bedroom guitar, so it was inevitable anyway.
Emster 23
55 IQ
Be a great reminder to take care of first things first (strap locks, in this case). You are on the road to relicville, and don't have to pay extra to beat the crap out of it. DIY
aaroncaper
253 IQ
i honestly bought a guitar for a case queen so when my other guitars get battle scars it kinda helps me, but then again its expensive as ****. idk
Fender | Peavey | Epiphone | Hohner | Ernie Ball | Planet Waves | Jim Dunlop | Marshall | Lee Oskar | Traynor | Suzuki | Jackson

Compulsive gear buyer
Alucard817
1,443 IQ
I'm with TS on this one. I hate dinging and denting my gear. I like to keep it as nice as possible for as long as possible.
I baby my guitars and basses. I only play them where theres carpet and I'm extremely cautious about what's around me like walls or doors.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
griffin888
65 IQ
Quote by Darkflame

Hint: I use my guitars as drumsticks on my drummer's cymbals.

I'm not one to baby my guitars, they all have dings. This kind of made me cringe though. lol
Huge Guy
My muscles sure are mean!
792 IQ
Just leave it. If you are gigging with the guitar dings like that are bound to happen sooner or later.
SVBall
111 IQ
Crashed my current motorcycle the day I purchased it, putting a small dent in the gas tank. 3 years later, it's just a reminder **** happens. And it actually makes me smile.

Leave it, I say.
LTD EC-1000
Hagstrom F200
Blackstar HT-20
Roland Cube 20x
Bad Monkey OD
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
I dropped my bike on to my garage door and got a hefty dent in the tank, I got an awesome repair for £100. It's a bit different to a guitar though. An obvious dent on a vehicle can knock hundreds off it, on a guitar it can add hundreds!

TS - throw the guitar away, it's useless now.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at Feb 13, 2013,
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ

Could be worse.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I'm not familiar with police procedures.

1977 Burny FLG70
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
Argh. My favourite worst nightmare.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
Don't think of it as a chip. Think of it as "Road Worn." Gibson and Fender charge extra for that, you know.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Darkflame
officialBOSS pedals hater
2,141 IQ
Quote by griffin888
I'm not one to baby my guitars, they all have dings. This kind of made me cringe though. lol

Trust me, it sounds worse than it actually is, or I would've stopped quite fast. I've done it an awful lot with my Jaguar and it only has a few dings on the headstock, nothing serious