ArtistLion
818 IQ
I hate this Shi!!! so hard. I could play a lot more guitar if I wouldn't get that meddling pain in the back after an hour. And I could draw a lot longer/more if my back wouldn't get in the way.

So how do you guys deal with back problems? It seems like a nightmare for every artist.

I was thinking about hitting the gym 3/4 times a week to focus on back and core muscle exercises. But I'm afraid that I won't have energy left for drawing, playing guitar, writing and studying.
slash_GNR666
Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan! Dan!
374 IQ
Yoga

edit: like shit I do yoga

masturbate
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Feb 14, 2013,
kmanjax
94 IQ
I just recently bought an inversion table and I use that for a few minutes each day. It has done my back a lot of good and most people that use them swear by them. Do a Google search for them and read some reviews. Mine only cost about $120 (cost of 1 physical therapy session) and it has been well worth it.
zeek7pc
303 IQ
Quote by kmanjax
I just recently bought an inversion table and I use that for a few minutes each day. It has done my back a lot of good and most people that use them swear by them. Do a Google search for them and read some reviews. Mine only cost about $120 (cost of 1 physical therapy session) and it has been well worth it.

^
This.....

I own one. Best money ever spent. Try walking a lot, drink lots of water, and take a couple aleeve a day. After I had a vertebrae fused and the initial physical therapy was over, this is my routine now. Steer clear of lifting heavy weights as you will just strain yourself and cause more damage. Do chick workouts. My pain never goes away, but this makes it tolerable.....
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
N_J_B_B
Nicko.
1,326 IQ
Stretching and strengthening core muscles.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Burgery
crack hitler
3,179 IQ
i kill them
Quote by JamSessionFreak
lots of really smart stuff
guitarxo
cat
1,649 IQ
yoga actually works though it helped with all my neck/shoulder problems
cat
MinterMan22
only smells
763 IQ
Quote by badfish_lewis
Pot

well if you want him to die then yea
..::fat
lard::..
strat0blaster
growing out of the snake
1,098 IQ
Quote by N_J_B_B
Stretching and strengthening core muscles.

Yep.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
kcmoon5150
UG's Kris
2,726 IQ
Sorry to be the on to tell you this... But we are going to have to amputate your back..
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
bondmorkret
168 IQ
I've had on and off back issues for about a year, and I keep it at bay with daily strethces morning and evening, and strengthening exercises in the evening too.
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,141 IQ
My back is kind of bad. I think I might have something like scoliosis or whatever. My shoulders lean to far backwards. It's probably from wearing a heavy backpack all of my life. Actually, in my case, if I had like... 40Gs... would probably help with my back.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please. This as well.
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
831 IQ
Prescription pharmaceuticals. All of the high, none of the criminal risk...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
angusfan16
butts
578 IQ
Read thread title as "black problems".

Just stretch before you play TS. That or work on your posture.

Quote by ArtistLion
I was thinking about hitting the gym 3/4 times a week to focus on back and core muscle exercises. But I'm afraid that I won't have energy left for drawing, playing guitar, writing and studying.

This is a great idea, and shouldn't tire you so much that you can't play guitar or whatever.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Feb 14, 2013,
JackWhiteIsButts
Hard Boyled
278 IQ
Quote by Arby911
Prescription pharmaceuticals. All of the high, none of the criminal risk...

Depends on what you're prescribed. A lot of pain medication is cut with high amounts of acetaminophen or other stuff that does more or less nothing to alleviate pain but will cause severe bodily harm if too much is ingested with the aims of cutting down on recreational use. Then you have to go through some dumb cold water extraction process and it's a whole ordeal.
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
831 IQ
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Depends on what you're prescribed. A lot of pain medication is cut with high amounts of acetaminophen or other stuff that does more or less nothing to alleviate pain but will cause severe bodily harm if too much is ingested with the aims of cutting down on recreational use. Then you have to go through some dumb cold water extraction process and it's a whole ordeal.

Thanks Mom, I had no idea.....

Charles Darwin
Nameless742
UG Fanatic
925 IQ
Quote by ArtistLion
I hate this Shi!!! so hard. I could play a lot more guitar if I wouldn't get that meddling pain in the back after an hour. And I could draw a lot longer/more if my back wouldn't get in the way.

So how do you guys deal with back problems? It seems like a nightmare for every artist.

When you go to gym, you'll have more energy.
Drawing/guitar/writing/studying requires mental energy not physical unless your guitar is a triple neck.
Posture is helpful also not sitting on your arse all day.
I have had back problems in the past. Mostly due to posture. If you are lifting, make sure you lift with your legs and keep your back straight.

EDIT supertip: If your back pain is getting really bad. Use a cold compress. Frozen peas in a towel, put it on your bed and lie on it with it under the pain. 30 minutes once/twice a day.
Helped me a LOT!
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Last edited by Nameless742 at Feb 14, 2013,
Danjo's Guitar
UG's Math/Physics Major
995 IQ
Straighten up! No seriously, its important. I have had neck and wrist problems from my posture as well.

And do go to the gym, but never, ever, ever start with heavy weights if you haven't been lifting for a while already. Thats the worst thing you can do. Start with light weights so you can get comfortable doing all the exercises, and even then you should stick with something you're comfortable with, since it doesn't sound like you're trying to go for big strength gains or anything. Squats, deadlifts, and romanian deadlifts all work your back and core, while also obviously your legs. (Youtube them all to look into proper form.) And I wouldn't recommend regular deadlifts unless you have a hex-bar (its a big hexagon that you stand in the middle of). People do them, but I wouldn't feel safe. If you only have a straight bar Romanian Deadlifts are better. Start with just the bar until you're comfortable. If that seems too heavy even just use dumbells. Also start with the bar for squats.

If you're having a trouble you might want to go to a chiropractor, they helped me out, but they also only get you so far. Mostly you just have to straighten up yourself.

edit: Oh, and I wouldn't recommend going to the gym 3-4 times a week for the same thing, especially if you do anything that you're going to be sore from. You need to work different stuff throughout the week. And working out, especially if you only do a light to moderate workout, will probably make you have more energy.
Last edited by Danjo's Guitar at Feb 14, 2013,
WCPhils
UnBanned
731 IQ
Lift with your back
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
kcmoon5150
UG's Kris
2,726 IQ
Quote by WCPhils
Lift with your back

How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
the bartender
UG's biology teacher
429 IQ
I would ask a doctor for advice instead of making a thread in the pit.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Danjo's Guitar
UG's Math/Physics Major
995 IQ
Quote by the bartender

His doctor will tell him to go to a chiropractor or physical therapy. We already talked about that.
TheNameOfNoone
Buckethead's Right Hand
2,144 IQ
Take a swimming course. It definitely helped me.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Bair
UG Fanatic
2,875 IQ
Get breast reduction surgery
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
the bartender
UG's biology teacher
429 IQ
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
His doctor will tell him to go to a chiropractor or physical therapy. We already talked about that.
Oh excuse me, I didn't know you had a degree in medicine.

You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
kertets
Banned
80 IQ
Quote by the bartender

I am his doctor and I told him to ask the lads in the pit.
You Motherfuckers know everything.
henrihell
Tab Contributor
1,689 IQ
Quote by MinterMan22
well if you want him to die then yea

He can't die by smoking pot! He just can't!
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
desperatechris
Banned
719 IQ
I get up from bed. Go to the kitchen. Get a Bottle of Captain Morgan. Down the whole Bottle. Pass out. Wake up the next day with more back paine. Repeat until no more Pain.
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
831 IQ
Quote by captaincrunk
steer clear of chiropractic, it's quackery and they can't do anything a masseuse couldn't do

Let me give that a great BIG PLUS ****ING ONE!

+1
Charles Darwin
AxeToFall
Dazed Glonuts
30 IQ
Quote by ArtistLion

Great reasoning brah
Last edited by AxeToFall at Feb 14, 2013,