Hi everyone this is my first post.
I have had a trigger finger since birth and am teaching myself the bass guitar.
This is something that will pretty much need surgery to fix. This is something that never bothered me to much before as before I never needed to use that finger .It is my small finger on my fretting hand.
Can I still play bass properly with this ?
Thanks for your help.
It's hard to say, I'd say yes you can though! Don't let anything stop you from doing what you want to do. My small finger works fine and I hardly use it when I play bass, so you can definitely play bass without using it!
-Plays loud and sloppily-
Quote by theboxassembler
It's hard to say, I'd say yes you can though! Don't let anything stop you from doing what you want to do. My small finger works fine and I hardly use it when I play bass, so you can definitely play bass without using it!

Thank you.
I was born with only one hand, and I can play bass... I can't play ultra fast or complicated riffs but I can still accompany a band and have a hell of a lot of fun doing it
OF COURSE YOU CAN!!!! YES YES YES!!!!@@@ I logged in just to tell you. You get one life. DOn't let anything stop you. There's always a way! Django burned the s**t out of 2 of his fingers and then went on to compose some of the greatest gypsy jazz of all time! Do it.
Quote by salildeshpande7
i think it will actually help you develop a unique style..
which of your fingers is affected?

My small finger on my fret hand
You can easily with three fingers. Hell. Two fingers. Lacking a thumb may be a little harder. I seen guys play with missing fingers and missing strings.
Last edited by mattedbird at Jul 3, 2015,