crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
490 IQ
Um...just turn on your distortion. You do have an amp that has a distortion channel, right? Because an amp will be infinitely better than a pedal.
zooloo99
Purveyor Of Fine Riffs
72 IQ
Last I checked, most bass amps don't offer distortion.

I assume bass because it's in the Bass Guitar section...

Anyway, your best bet would be to either crank the drive/gain control on your amp for a bit of dirt, or take a look at some bass fuzzes, since a lot of Doom is buttloads of fuzz.
Last edited by zooloo99 at Feb 19, 2013,
Ian hawkins
60 IQ
What's your budget?
Do you play live,or at home?
What are you currently using?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Ziphoblat
The Enigma
67 IQ
Check out the EHX Deluxe Bass Big Muff Pi and the MXR Bass Fuzz Deluxe. Both are fairly versatile reasonably priced fuzz pedals which allow you to blend the wet signal over your dry to maintain the integrity of your low frequencies and your definition, hence suitable for an on-all-the-time fuzz sound.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Banjocal
hi there
516 IQ
If you want a fantastic, fuzzy sound, I'd go with a Boss DS1 and an MD2 aside it. You'll get nasty (read: wonderful) feedback if you don't learn to control the latter, but it gives it a hell of a sound.
sausages
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man
50 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Um...just turn on your distortion. You do have an amp that has a distortion channel, right? Because an amp will be infinitely better than a pedal.

Alright, first off this is entirely subjective.
The majority of bass amps do not have their own distortion channel. Ones that do will not sound "infinitely better" than any pedal you can buy.
If you have nothing useful to say, don't post.

To the TS:
I recommend a Proco Rat, depending on your budget. good drive up to near fuzz tones. If you can, buy one with an LM308 chip.
sorry missed the budget. Get the LM308 one.
redgossamer
10 IQ
Jus uses a Boss FZ-2 hyper fuzz which is a super fuzz clone with some extras. I have an Earthquaker Devices Hoof Fuzz which works great with bass and is a big muff clone. I got it for $115 used and it sells about $160 new, definitely worth checking out.

Do some online research for fuzz pedals then find a store where you can try them out for a little while, you won't know until you play one.