cdr_salamander
or simply Nick
90 IQ
Sup folks. Got me a Rectoverb today. It's pretty sweet.

It does with a Single Rectifier does pretty much, except with the added bonus of a reverb tank.

2x EL34, 5x 12ax7; still has factory tubes. Might change that sooner than later, who knows. I think it originally came with 6L6s, but honestly it doesn't really matter.

I haven't had a single-speaker setup in a really long time, and I was a bit skeptical when buying this, but it surprisingly sounds pretty big. I mean, not like 4x12 big but comparable to a smaller-cabbed 2x12 maybe? It has the Mesa Black Shadow speaker in it.

As far as versatility, it gets around the bases fairly well. The clean channel sounds really sweet, and has a swtich to push it a bit into the clean/crunch kinda sound depending on your pick attack. I really like sparkly cleans though, and this pulls them fairly well.

The gain channel is pretty brutal. It has modes for a raw, vintage and modern sound, with modern being the typical "Black Album" tone with out a boost and can get really mean sounding with a decent boost. I have always liked the loosened, fuzzy characteristics of Rectifier amps when pushed hard. Not too harsh, and really tameable.

The reverb is nice. I like natural sounding (tank) reverb, and it nails it pretty good. Heavy pick attack at higher settings sounds boingy, but that's always expected of springs. I keep it around 9 o clock on the clean channel and turn it off when br00ting.

All in all, it's a great amp. Not the biggest, badded Mesa out there but it gets the job done in a bedroom setting. The output knob at the end of the chain really helps to keep it from blowing windows out, and since I am getting ready to move into an apartment, I considered it a must-have feature.

And it has casters. Rolling it around is fun.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
LaidBack
Call me Mike
60 IQ
clever wordplay...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
110 IQ
I want clips of you rolling it around. Get a GoPro and attach it to the amp and take it down the street while playing guitar.

Happe Mesa Day !!!
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
gregs1020
Hi mom!
1,160 IQ
very nice! HNAD!
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick
90 IQ
Quote by Blktiger0
HNAD!

The other guitarist in my band plays the head version of this. Can I ask what settings you use for a Modern Metal sound, un-boosted?

I keep the treble a little past noon, the mids are mildly scooped at about 9 o'clock and the bass is around 10. I push the gain just a bit before it starts getting retarted and adjust the master/output to taste. Oh, and of course I use the "Modern" setting.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar
110 IQ
Quote by Blktiger0
HNAD!

The other guitarist in my band plays the head version of this. Can I ask what settings you use for a Modern Metal sound, un-boosted?

There is a settings thread you newb.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
240 IQ
HNAD

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
bburritt1
Sauron Hates EMG's......
30 IQ
Quote by R45VT
I want clips of you rolling it around. Get a GoPro and attach it to the amp and take it down the street while playing guitar.

Happe Mesa Day !!!

NICE! Used to do that with my MS-2 and piss off the bugs. Although the Mesa would be much more impressive.

Nice amp indeed dude! Enjoy it and make them riffs flow boy!
The Rig of Joy:
Stiff Amplification Dirthead 20w
Bugera 2x12 Cab
Fender Partscaster Korean Made
Epiphone Prophecy
Washburn Southern Cross 34 of 100
Ibanez TS9,AD9,GCB95, Multi Chorus and TU2