Good morning lads,

wondering if anyone would know the possible tuning the guitar is in on this album - [forbidden link]

The tone is so sick I can barely figure it out.. I'm thinking either A,B or maybe C?

Any ideas?
I thought it was C from the first track but the 2nd has a low Bb/A# chord
Last edited by fanapathy at Feb 21, 2013,
Quote by fanapathy
Can't hear them going lower than C so I'd guess that's what it is

Yeah? alright, cheers - I'll get my guitar setup for C and give this a try - thanks.
Will most likely need thicker strings as I'm currently setup for Eb-D string wise.
No I listened to the intro it has Bb in it in the rhythm track. Might be 7 string half step down or Bb/DropA#, can't say for sure without transcribing a bit
Last edited by fanapathy at Feb 21, 2013,
Quote by fanapathy
I thought it was C from the first track but the 2nd has a low A chord so maybe drop A or A

Ah yeh? haha - A would be some thick as hell strings! might just stick with B as the actually songs (bar the intro) appear to be B yeh? B on a sixer might be a bit of an issue though eh?
yeah sounds like it. It's a very strange tone they got going. Lot of C stuff definitely so that's why lower seems weird
Quote by fanapathy
yeah sounds like it. It's a very strange tone they got going. Lot of C stuff definitely so that's why lower seems weird

Yeah, the tone is bizarre.. so Bb on a sixer would be all good for this? obviously optimal setup would be a 7.. but I don't have that luxury just yet.

Cheers for your help btw, much appreciated.
I forget to check back

Well I would tune to Bb to be sure to cover the whole thing...(not a fan of dropped in general but it is possible they use C and just drop it to Bb, you could do that too)
It's a pretty nice sounding tuning. Your strings will be very loose if they are thin and probably buzz so if you like the sound of it it's a good idea to get something like .13
Last edited by fanapathy at Feb 22, 2013,
Quote by fanapathy
I forget to check back

Well I would tune to Bb to be sure to cover the whole thing...(not a fan of dropped in general but it is possible they use C and just drop it to Bb, you could do that too)
It's a pretty nice sounding tuning. Your strings will be very loose if they are thin and probably buzz so if you like the sound of it it's a good idea to get something like .13

Yeah, not a big fan of drop tunings neither.. I'll get some thick strings and get it setup at my local to Bb.

Cheers again!