Benn14
368 IQ
MY PROGRESS

This is a thread which I'm creating to monitor my progress. The general idea of this thread is to layout what I can currently do, what I am currently learning and what I would like to achieve. I will update this thread regularly. The main reason this thread was created is so that people can critique how I am learning and offer advice on how I can reach my goals. All help will be greatly appreciated.

Current Skill Level
Beginner

Time playing guitar
18 Months.

What I have achieved so far
  • Open Chords
  • Barre Chords
  • Minor Pentatonic Scale - Relatively Comfortable
  • The G Major Scale - Need to revise the theory behind this

What I am currently practicing
I am not practicing anything specific at the moment. I would like to wait until I get a few responses to this thread with advice on how I can achieve my goals.

What I would like to achieve
I will keep this simple and clear-cut. My main goal is to be able to play the Guns N' Roses songs. I want to learn the scales which Slash uses throughout the Appetite and Use Your Illusions albums. I have been doing some research into Slash's lead playing and I believe he relies heavily on these scales:

• Minor Pentatonic
  • Minor Pentatonic Blues Scale
  • Major Pentatonic
  • Major Pentatonic Blues Scale
  • Natural Minor Scale
  • Harmonic Minor Scale

I would also like to learn how to pick more fluidly to allow me to play songs such as Welcome To The Jungle and Paradise City.
steven seagull
not really a seagull
1,064 IQ
Sorry, but this isn't your blog.

Feel free to post as many threads as you want for any specific queries or problems you may have - nobody else has "their own" thread for stuff like this and you don't need one either
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com