when i play my strat, its making a wierd sound from behind the trem cover on open e, sounds like something rattling against the cover. i think previous owner blocked the trem, something to do with that?
Fender | Peavey | Epiphone | Hohner | Ernie Ball | Planet Waves | Jim Dunlop | Marshall | Lee Oskar | Traynor | Suzuki | Jackson

Compulsive gear buyer
it could be a spring vibrating inside the cavity if it's still connected, or the loose trem claw if there are no springs.

take the back cover off and see which it is.
i have the same problem, and i blockd my trem and the problem started after i block it so it must be that, ive always wondered what it was
its coming from between the bridge block and the body. it still makes it if i put my hand on the springs to stop them from vibrating

so that takes the thought i had of "get new springs so everythings tighter" idea

edit: wouldn't the bridge not be flush with the body like it is right now if it was the springs?
Fender | Peavey | Epiphone | Hohner | Ernie Ball | Planet Waves | Jim Dunlop | Marshall | Lee Oskar | Traynor | Suzuki | Jackson

Compulsive gear buyer
Last edited by aaroncaper at Feb 25, 2013,