Page 6 of 6
Quote by raoooos
ian is the worst user on ug

I love the mix of amusement and blinding rage he evokes in me with every post.

Never change, Ian. Never change.
Quote by anvil is god
ITT: Stupidity at the highest level imaginable.

aka

ITT: Ian
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Pretty sure there's several great sounding drum programs. EZDrummer is NOT one of them.
What I think Blake was trying to say was that it isn't impossible to record drums without a proper professional acoustic environment. While I don't doubt is possible, it's not an ideal option if you want a tight drum sound.

And I don't use EZDrummer. What you heard up there was Superior 2.0.

Quote by willT08
Just woken up to the

chug-chug-chug-high bit
chug-chug-chug-high bit

track.

I'm not really sure what you were trying to prove. If you think banging a drum beat down is all there is to MIDI editing you need to have a word with Xiaoxi
To start, it's 4 chugs, not 3. At least get the riff right.

Proving not only to you that I actually know what the hell MIDI is (when you said I didn't) even if it was simple. And there's more to drum programming than just "banging something out", like actually making it sound like a human being instead of a robot (which I'll admit, I'm still terrible at achieving ).

EDIT: Also, Sam wanted to hear a sample of my work. So it was for him as well, not just to prove my point against you.

As for Xiaoxi: you mean the Asian classical composer of UG? Who composes classical? Classical?

Well no shit, his MIDI programming job is obviously going to be tremendously more difficult when you're dealing with such music with high intricacy.

But that involves more of composition capabilities, which is separate from the actual programming, and simply plugging in of notes.

Unless, you're referring to a completely different aspect, in which case I'd like you to point out.

Quote by raoooos
ian is the worst user on ug

Quote by Holy Katana
I love the mix of amusement and blinding rage he evokes in me with every post.

Never change, Ian. Never change.

Quote by theogonia777
aka

ITT: Ian
Geez, do you guys always just wait for me to go do something away from UG for a while before bombarding me?
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at Feb 26, 2013,
Quote by captainsnazz
That wasn't half bad actually. Nice tone.
Oh, well thank you.

The guitar tone is actually the portion I'm very satisfied with, but the overall songwriting is just...eh, I don't know. Too simple, very lacking, far inferior to what I've come up with recently, at least in my opinion.

Quote by captainsnazz
Your posts are still some of the stupidest shit I've ever read but a few other people have posted some silly things in here too.
I think this thread has shown the stupidest of the Pit since the Gun Control thread. It's like, is it now the hip new thing to just trash anything and everything Classic?

High chances they're all just spouted aimlessly, only hearing a few generic overplayed radio bands such as AC/DC, Skynard, Floyd, Guns'n Roses, or Zeppelin, though they don't even bother to look towards any other bands that inhabited the same era and are constantly overlooked (for example: Atlanta Rhythm Section, Edgar Winter Group, Jethro Tull, or Blue Oyster Cult aside from their radio hits).
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Geez, do you guys always just wait for me to go do something away from UG for a while before bombarding me?

YUP!
lol ian being dumb again

Quote by Ian_the_fox
What I think Blake was trying to say was that it isn't impossible to record drums without a proper professional acoustic environment. While I don't doubt is possible, it's not an ideal option if you want a tight drum sound.
lol tight drums have way more to do with tuning compressions, EQs, other mixing considerations, and mic placement than they do with the room.

As for Xiaoxi: you mean the Asian classical composer of UG? Who composes classical? Classical?

Well no shit, his MIDI programming job is obviously going to be tremendously more difficult when you're dealing with such music with high intricacy.

But that involves more of composition capabilities, which is separate from the actual programming, and simply plugging in of notes.
lol I have no idea what you guys are arguing about, but this sounds so dumb in or out of context.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 27, 2013,
i prefer to catagorize my music in vibes and styles. not what year it was made. if you looked at a graph of when the albums i like were released they would be mostly in the last 10 years. if you graphed the albums i hate, they would also be in the last 10 years.
Quote by Xiaoxi
lol tight drums have way more to do with tuning compressions, EQs, other mixing considerations, and mic placement than they do with the room.
I know that. But room acoustics are still highly important, especially for the overheads/ambients, and can still affect how the drums react in the enviroment. You're not going to get a top quality drum sound from recording in a cramped bedroom.

Quote by Xiaoxi
lol I have no idea what you guys are arguing about, but this sounds so dumb in or out of context.
The difficulty level of Midi programming. Check out the rest of the thread.

...actually, I take that back. Spare yourself and don't do that.
Quote by Ian_the_fox

No, we do it when you're around too.

Obviously.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please.
There are a lot of old bands I like, there are a lot of new bands I like.

Safe to say the old bands greatly outnumber the newer ones though. But I can't be bothered getting annoyed by shitty modern music.
Jeśli trenujesz się, aby zaoszczędzić pieniądze w każdej sytuacji, oszczędność pieniędzy stanie się twój styl życia. Oszczędność pieniędzy na świadczenia szkolnego artykuły szkolne
The era of the recording is irrelevant and arbitrary.

Why not ask if you like music while skydiving or playing Parcheesi? It is just as arbitrary as your era question